MS3 accident

serialtoon

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Well i smashed up the front pretty bad. The 2 front beams that hold the bumper are almost torn off the frame. the bumper and all the front end is smashed up, the doors are fine but what i want to know is what will the insurance adjuster say. What do you think might happen? I'm just trying to figure out what "might" happen from past experiences by you guys.

Last edited:
first..glad you are ok. second..any pics? It is possible that it could be totaled but without pics, it's hard to say one way or the other.

or it could show that he was driving and some one pulled out in front of them.

OR, someone could have thrown their car in reverse and hit him in the front. But probably not.

I agree with Gofast's opinion, the front frame is bent to one side.

i am guessing that is something he wont want to divulge until everything is wrapped up with insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialtoon
How about just pics, i dont wanna say what happen until its settled with the insurance co.

I hit a curb with the passenger side front about a month ago. I was amazed at the cost and the frustration of still finding things damaged that the body shop didnt find or fix making it even more costly. I had the whole front passenger side replaced including drive shaft but minus strut tower, front bumper, radiator, rocker, fender, fender guts, washer fluid reservoir, ect... The total came to $7500. I only owe double that and really thought it minimal damage. I never would have thought it would have had that price tag. Funny how we share parts with Ford, the standard 3 and Volvo with this car. Any how... I would almost say if you get up over 10k they will total it, I dont know. My frame was not bent though, I think that will be your deciding factor.

Just the cosmetics on the front of the car, headlight assemblies, bumper and bumper grills, left fender, and paint are going to add up like crazy.

Back