Mrlilguy cdfp ?

nytmar3

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Are there any downsides to this mod?

Anything else need to be purchased or is this a good upgrade for cars with any combo of mods?

we actually installed one today on a near stock vehicle (had a cold air intake and SSQV). the car operated perfectly with it, pulled hard and smooth. we haven't seen any downsides to this modification thus far. we've gone with a different supplier and design for the internal pump parts since the initial launch last year and been very pleased to date.

the near universal compliments we've gotten back are better and smoother drivability, less fuel cut, more consistent pulls to redline and less hesitation. keep in mind this; the pump is not designed to increase horsepower. the pump is not designed to improve dyno results or better your track times. the pump is a complimentary modification designed to increase actual and potential fuel supply and one whose effects will be better felt by people who have done progressively more modifications and those who have tuning solutions in place.

if you have hesitation, fuel cut, power falloff, etc, the pump could address a good part of that on its own. nonetheless, the ultimate benefits will show themselves on more heavily modified cars where tuning is present.

we've heard some pretty disparaging rumors in the last few days about the pump that i want to kill right now. a competing vendor told a valued customer of mine that they had heard multiple stories this week alone of these pumps blowing up cars, washing out engines or causing fuel dilution. not one shred of this bull is remotely true. common sense would dictate that at least one of these people would have stepped forward on a forum and said that a pump blew up thier car - which they haven't. if engines had been washed out or the oil diluted by excess fuel, you would see loss of compression, seized piston rings, extreme power loss and poor idle/engine operation - again, which has not been seen. the only failures we experienced with these pumps was with the last year's batch having shoddy internals, and not one of those failures led to an engine being damaged or blown. it really angers me to know that a company would either be misinformed enough to make such remarks or outright lie to the customers about this, and i felt the need to clear the air once and for all.

to cap off, nothing else is required to install or use this pump.

Ive got the pump and I can now run 18 psi on a gt30 with no fuel cut, no matter what the temps with all my supporting mods to boot. Before the pump Id get ridiculous fuel cut in cold temps on the stock turbo with the same mods.

The thing doesnt blow up cars, it saves them. There are several examples that would lead you to believe that if a pump had been in place on some of these tuned cars that blew... that it might have made a difference.

If youve got a modded ms3, you need a pump...period.

Downsides?.... they arent free....lol I have heard that rumor from another vendor and thats just nuts. Why arent there any customer complaints? Im onto three boards every day and Ive never seen ANY actual customer ever question the pump..... unless it was the countless threads regarding the stock pump!!!!!

I also have one of Jon's (mrlilguy) pumps
I have a modded MS6 and have nothing but good things to say about the car since the pump install

Fuel pressure hovers above 1800PSI @ WOT and hits 2000PSI near redline
try that with your OEM pump, TSB pump or any other vendors pump for that matter

My goodness. Looks like there are a few happy people with my fuel pump.

Just to let you know. I've got about 25 in the field now with the design of parts that we utilize, and everyone seems to be extremely pleased. I've sold another 28 or so in the past few weeks, and I am waiting on parts to meet the demand from all of these sales.

I just talked to the manufacturer and everything is still on schedule. 32 kits will be shipped out to me next week, and only 24 of those 32 are accounted for at the moment.

Here are a couple of quotes from customers this week.

Chad - "I don't want to sound like a dork, but I appreciate good customer service and I think you certainly have a future in this market if that is your goal."

Ken W. "I installed the pump today and I no longer have fuel cut problems. My AFRs are also in the 10's at top RPMs. Now I'm more confident that my mods (MS CAI, ATP 3" inlet, 3.25" ETS TMIC, PG test pipe and MS CBE) are properly supported. Cobb AP is next, then a DNP manifold and Corksport downpipe.

Great customer service too.

Thanks"

Back