MPI Tuner dyno proven@ 400hp

MPNick

Just got back from the MPI Dyno day. Deans MSP with the MPI Tuner best run was 310.6 hp and 338.9 torque. This was 4th gear running 15psi of boost and SAE to the front wheels. One run was 328 hp at the wheels, that is almost 400hp at the flywheel. Street car not race car.

All of the dyno files will be posted later on today.

Thanks again

Later.........Nick

NIck, insane numbers.

few Q's.

Is this the msp with forged internals and mild headwork? Stock bore?

is this with the stock turbo or aftermarket?
Also, what kind of afrs were you running up top?

THis is amazing, i cant wait to see what the car is capable with a bigger turbo on there.

-B

azian6er said:
NIck, insane numbers.

few Q's.

THis is amazing, i cant wait to see what the car is capable with a bigger turbo on there.

-B
Werd! What he said!

I just talked to MPNick on the phone a little while ago. Wish I could have been there - but of course - I'm working.

Dean is running 17 psi, with an electronic activated exhaust cut out and a spray on the intercooler. His 328hp run (347 torque) must have been insane. From what Nick (MPNick) told me Dean also made a run at 13 psi (268hp/279torque) with no cutout and no spray.

If I recall hearing correctly, Tim made a run 228HP @ 8psi.

azian6er said:
NIck, insane numbers.

few Q's.

-B
Yes we did pistons, rods, ported and polished head, comp valve job,ported and poslished exhaust manifold, turbo elbow, reworked GT25 turbo.

AFRs were between 12.0 and 12.8. We are out of turbo right now. We will try our luck at the track at Street Wars. If all goes well you may see a low 13s run within the next 24 hours.

Thanks again

Later...........Nick

Nice numbers!

Dave

Last edited:
Micah said:
I just talked to MPNick on the phone a little while ago. Wish I could have been there - but of course - I'm working.

Dean is running 17 psi, with an electronic activated exhaust cut out and a spray on the intercooler. His 328hp run (347 torque) must have been insane. From what Nick (MPNick) told me Dean also made a run at 13 psi (268hp/279torque) with no cutout and no spray.

If I recall hearing correctly, Tim made a run 228HP @ 8psi.
Only the 328 run had 17psi.

Thanks again

Later........Nick

Great numbers nick. I suggest REALLY sticky tires though, the stockers suck ass. I hope all goes well at the track.

boostisgood said:
Great numbers nick. I suggest REALLY sticky tires though, the stockers suck ass. I hope all goes well at the track.
He has Comp T/A drag tires on they for Street wars.

Maybe a Protege can win a class this time around.

Thanks again

Later............Nick

RyanJayG said:
holy mother of God!

slap a GT28rs on there and see what it can do.
We put a GT28rs wheel in the GT25 MSP turbo. The GT28rs flows 34 ppm. That is good for 340 flywheel hp in its sweet spot. We blew past this. I am thinking of the GT30 and one of our Burns header.

Thanks again

Later.............Nick

wont you need a new mani with the GT30? I just suggested the 28rs due to its nearly bolt on application. maybe a re-worked 28rs?

either way, thats kick ass

RyanJayG said:
wont you need a new mani with the GT30? I just suggested the 28rs due to its nearly bolt on application. maybe a re-worked 28rs?

either way, thats kick ass

yeah a reworked rs is what im doing. t4 compressor side bigger wheel.

Man i cant wait to get to a dyno!

-B

Back