mp3 with ss

dominoy2k1

Contributor
:
02 1500 4x4, mp3
switched out msp ecu to mp3 to keep from getting CEL. as soon as i hit boost goes lean into 15 and 16. now shouldnt the SS keep it from going lean? running supermap tune.

yea your in a dangerous territory right now. the mp3 ecu has too much of advanced timing for boost, plus your runing too lean for your fuel map. i can almost guarentee you that detonation will occur when you go into boost.

you must add a good amount of fuel in your fuel map. id start with 11.5 in all the cells after 1 psi and then go from there. but i wouldnt use the mp3 ecu since the of the advance timing, its too dangerous. for now stay out of boost or put the msp ecu back in.

i remember before you said you have a cel for the solienods right? your better off having that light on then killing your motor.

uhh yeah. got blinkin cel. hopefully didnt damamge anything. guess ill switch out to msp and get rid of mp3 ecu. if i were to keep mp3 ecu would i just be able to pull timing with ss? i should really only be worried about timing when i am in boost right?

o i didnt realize you had the ftc. yea you can pull timing with that. just make sure you pull a good amount. id start around 1 psi and pull like 7 or 8 in the cells on map b to be conservative and safe.

when did you get a blinking cel, after the mp3 ecu? that usually means your causing serious engine damage.

yeah. i have had it for a good 600miles. on the drive in today no boost it started blinking. made it to the shop and swapped out ecus. gonna try to get compression checked today.

When you say solenoids are you talking about the vics and vtcs? With the msp ecu if you keep them plugged in electrically and a vac source going to them and just plug the vac output of the solonoids everything should be good with the ecu.?

i rememeber him saying shane, he has the mp3 so that engine harness doenst have the plugs for the solienods. so when he put in the msp ecu, he got a cel for not having the solienods.

but yea deff. get that ecu out of the car or get it tuned. let us know what happens

yeah but mp3 harness doesnt come with wiring for the solenoid. swapped out ecus already just hope no "serious" damage was caused. hopefully id doesnt crap out on my way home.

i have a new wiring harness of an msp so i can run the ecu with no problems. i just think it be a pain in the ass to do without removing engine.

Okay I gotcha now!

A blinking light means a vital sensor is having problems. I had a broken wire to my stock iat sensor and it was flashing.

**** you msp harness. no work on the mp3. thats what happens when i dont do enough research.

alright loaded supermap and no good. goes lean when wot. should i make all 11.5 across the board? from 1psi to 10psi? ok i finally started messing around with the software and was like wtf is map b for. i will mess with the settings again tonight. also once info is written to ftc do i just crank car up or i do i have to "restart" car? another thing is i have p0134 will this have any effect on tuning?

o i didnt realize you had the ftc. yea you can pull timing with that. just make sure you pull a good amount. id start around 1 psi and pull like 7 or 8 in the cells on map b to be conservative and safe.

when did you get a blinking cel, after the mp3 ecu? that usually means your causing serious engine damage.

whats up with black green and red numbers? hmm so for map a the lower the leaner it goes? map b higher more timing removed?

ok kinda figured out most of the settings and stuff. i loaded up several maps from the msp section and they all lean when i go wot. is it the tune or could it be my fuel pump giving out?

Fix the po134 code. That code is for your the o2 sensor circuit,saying no activity. Check the wiring when you connected the ss to the wiring harness. The ss taps into the o2 senser circuit. That is why you are going lean.

How much boost you running? How many miles on car? Which ecu did you keep in the car, mp3 or msp?

On the fuel map, how much fuel did you add? What are the number values on the map?

last map that i installed is the one named KELLY2 from the first page in the msp section. only thing i did was change values in map b to 6. starting at 1psi. i just turned my laptop on and will post a screen shot.

Back