MP3, Itunes Kenwood MP919

andregt6

:
2003.5 Mazda Speed Proteg
Ok looking for some help. I have a MSP with the Kenwood MP919

So far I've managed to create one MP3 CD with folders.
The rest have been one folder with all my songs in it.

What steps do I need to take to make the folders return.

I'm using itunes on a G5.

Thanks.

A.

so you want an mp3 cd that has all songs on one folder? i think the only way to do that would be to create a new folder on your desktop and then drag all the songs you want into that folder. then burn that folder. i haven't burned an mp3 cd from itunes in a while. you could also try organizing the playlist by song and that might burn it into one folder. if it's organized by album, it'll create the folders for the albums.

Last edited:
why did you delete your thread in the Car audio section?

Also can you rephrase the question, I'm not understanding the problem.

Figured the guys in the MSP audio section would know more about the stereo then other Mazda owners...

Ok to the question, I want folders on my cd.

So far I've created only 1 cd with mulitipul folders. Can't recall how I did it.
The rest have been single folder cd's with upwards of 140 songs.

My next cd I make I will sort the songs by Artist and then maybe I'll get folders again.

A.

andregt6 said:
Figured the guys in the MSP audio section would know more about the stereo then other Mazda owners...

Ok to the question, I want folders on my cd.

So far I've created only 1 cd with mulitipul folders. Can't recall how I did it.
The rest have been single folder cd's with upwards of 140 songs.

My next cd I make I will sort the songs by Artist and then maybe I'll get folders again.

A.
Since the MSP stereo is a standard kenwood aftermarket system, the audio section will 9 times out of 10, yield more information. Not to mention I don't tend to look in here much :D

DO you have the manual? If not:
ftp://docs.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/OM-KDC-X859-2002-KUSA.pdf

All you need to do is make multiple folders when you are recording the CD. Name the folders what you want and put the songs in the desired folders. Not sure what else to tell you. It doesnt really have anything to do with the operation of the HU, rather the way you save the files to the CD.

I was able to make a cd with folders straight from iTunes. Guess I'll have do some more tests and see if I can reproduce the results from that one cd.

A.

Put the one successful CD into your computer and see how you set it up.

Back