:
02 Mazda P5 Turbo
I moved my MAF to the cold side of the charge pipe and couldnt be more

happy with the results (thumb). The car is alot more responsive to the throddle

and best of all NO MORE BACKFIRING!

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

I thought on F/I cars, the MAF was supposed to go after the BOV anyway...just an observation lol, I don't know how u had it set up b4, but I see a lot of pics on here w/ the MAF sensor after the BOV...cuz the engine gets less air than it "thought" it was getting...

can you go into more detail as to the changes that you have experienced. I have been thinking about trying this also.

Do you have any problems with stalling?

i have had my maf on the pressure side for abt a yr now and have had no problems running a turbo xs rfl bov venting it all to the stmosphere w/o any problems. their have been multipe threads on this if u want to read up more on it
rob

what do you use to tune?

The only reason I havent done this yet is that I have always been concerned as to how I would have to change my MPI tune...

mpi........... the tune isnt that much diffrent......... the maf still sees the same amount of air.

Only difference is that the engine is actually getting that air now lol

aftershock63 said:
can you go into more detail as to the changes that you have experienced. I have been thinking about trying this also.

Do you have any problems with stalling?

I did have problems with the old setup, i would have to drive the car a certain

way for it not to stall. The best change is that is there is no more backfiring,

and it doesnt hesitate whenever im cruising and all of a sudden go WOT.

KzA said:
what do you use to tune?

The only reason I havent done this yet is that I have always been concerned as to how I would have to change my MPI tune...

Im using E-manage and a voltage clamp. My street tune should be ok because

i wasnt using the MAF to tune off of anyways.

Albert, whats up man? THis is that guy who use to come to discount with the silver p5. How is your car these days? Running good i see.

aMaff said:
Only difference is that the engine is actually getting that air now lol

i was recirculating all the air b4 so i was getting all the air anyway

joka1 said:
i was recirculating all the air b4 so i was getting all the air anyway

good point...Im recirculating now so it should be bout the same...looks like I got some work to do

Moeed said:
Albert, whats up man? THis is that guy who use to come to discount with the silver p5. How is your car these days? Running good i see.

Yea whats up, yeah still running 6 psi still strong *knocks on wood*. I see

that you are boosting these days (thumb). Waitin on my ported IM though should

get me closer to 200HP.

Latest posts

Back