Motorcycle hits car@150 MPH!

ForceFed

:
Trailblazer SS AWD ....Still a Mazda Junkie Though.
Motorcycle Hits Car @ 150mph
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction
time/FONT> was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimateaspeed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving carside-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider'sreactionB>time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him toeven apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over fromthe force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took
place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This
graphic demonstration was placed at the ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Stockholm</ST1
tongue.gif
lace> Motorcycle Fair by the
Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display alsonoted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second.
Withnormal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above
operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police inicate tht no actions were taken.

OUCH!!!

I ride too, I've been up to those speeds and then some...and stuff like that never runs thru ur mind...You have to force urself not to think about that actually. If ur not into risk taking then you shouldn't be on a motorcycle anyways. I've been to funerals of guys who died on their bikes, myself and everyone else I ride with slows down and rides slower for a little while. It makes you think, especially if it's not an at fault accident for the rider. Guy I knew ended up with his bike almost inside an SUV while he was riding up the road with his wife, each on their own bikes. The SUV pulled out in front of him, didn't completely stop at a stop sign. He flew over the SUV and died a few minutes later on the side of the road...he was only going 80km/h.

As a rider you have to try to put the thoughts of fallen peers out of ur mind, and try not to think of how dangerous it really is and try to think of how much fun it is. At the same time...you must never forget that you are perched atop something that has almost the equivalent acceleration and sometimes even top speed as an F1 car, depending on the bike, except NO ROLL BARS or seat belts, and there's also a whole lot of slower moving traffic

Keep those things in mind and you should be ok...Don't be nervous on the machine, that will kill you too....But don't forget to have RESPECT for what ur riding....

A real 2 Wheel Junkie will live to ride another day

damn ... i hate to see or hear bout this kinda stuff since i ride a bike. (i know it happens but its not pleasant to the eyes and ears)

i ride, i dont like seeeing things like that, but it happens, thats real bad for everyone ... :( and its true, i will ride until the day that i can no longer physically operate a motorcycle

My wifes an RN and they have a certain nickname for motorcycle riders...Not a good nickname..Just be careful when you ride.

txmzdspd2gen said:
My wifes an RN and they have a certain nickname for motorcycle riders...Not a good nickname..Just be careful when you ride.
Donor Cycles?

we are dubbed organ donors, and we ride murder cycles ... it cant be explained to anyone who has never ridden, i wouldnt give it up for the world ... but you have to have ridden before to understand, and im not saying going fast and all that, i have an R6 that i ride but i also have a yamaha roadstar ... and its just as much fun doin 45 and watching the world go by :).

Back