Motor mounts?

Rush

:
91 MX-5, 13 ILX
Just wanted to see what kind of aftermarket motor mounts people are running in the 'old school' Proteges. Found out today that the front mount in my 2000 1.8L is shot, so I'm wondering if there are any aftermarket options that would be good. I ran some pretty stiff ones in my MSP back in the day, but I don't think it anything overly stiff is necessary for this Protege since it's just a DD.

Thanks!

^^ I was considering that, but the car is 12 years old and has seen plenty of snow .. so I'm sure the stock mount itself, not just the stock insert but the metal too, is in pretty bad shape. So I'd like to get a whole new mount.

Can anyone verify the part number for a stock '00 Protege motor mount with a 1.8L engine? All the parts websites are giving me the diagrams but not an actual part number, rrrgh.

Which mount are you speaking of? Ive done the front and the passenger side and they make it feel like a new car!

AWR still offers the same front and rear mounts they have for nearly 10 years. They have 3 different urethane inserts available too. I've been running 95 AWR front and rear for almost the entire life of the car...Still idles like a UPS truck, but i'm so used to it the trouble of replacing them to something softer just doesn't seem worth it.

These aren't just inserts by the way, they're the entire mount (they now offer all 4 factory mount replacement pieces, i just only have the 2)...and the mounts themselves are guaranteed for life...

I just filled the front and sides with polyurethane sealant since they had some tears. My car is pretty rusty so I didn't want to spend $400 to put new mounts in a car worth < $3k. Even with the rest of the car being pretty rusty the mounts weren't too bad. The center metal pieces aren't rusty at all (they must be made of something different) while the outer parts were somewhat rusty they look better than anything under the car and I think will be fine.

The polyurethane takes 7 days to cure though, I'm still waiting on the final one, should be ready friday. I did 2 a few weeks ago which made a big difference, but also had a lot of vibration. I think having the last side one done should lower the vibrations. At least that is how it was when I had front and side inserts a few years ago. Costs less than $10 so you can't beat the price.

Back