Motor Mounts And Vibration

i love the rumble that my AWR's added. my wife hates it, to an extent. i just like the feel of everything being so stiff under the hood. definitely my favorite mod for the price tag

yea, drivers love it. passengers hate it.

i get the "wtf, your car feels like a piece of s***. why's it shaking? are we gonna die? i think it's going to stop running..." then i punch it and they quickly grab onto the oh-s*** handle and shut up.

1moreMPH said:
yea, drivers love it. passengers hate it.

i get the "wtf, your car feels like a piece of s***. why's it shaking? are we gonna die? i think it's going to stop running..." then i punch it and they quickly grab onto the oh-s*** handle and shut up.

hahaha I like that!

If you like peace and comfort you will probably hate them. But if you’re like most of us and love to drive you will like the performance. I love mine it makes it a whole new animal if you ask me.

Got the front and rear mounts installed today, took me and my roommate only about 4 hours to do the rear(if you don't count the hour I wasted driving to the store and back to get a new ratchet and universial joint since I broke my old one). Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the side inserts in since I ran out of sun today.

I did get the chance to take it for a test drive, very very noticable vibration at idle/low rpm, but it feels so much better launching.

So I installed rr rear motor mount inserts and i have awr front motor mount. All i can say is that the vibration at idle doesn't bother me as much as starting off in first gear. My dash rattles like mad. I kinda regret this mod.

No its not the clutch, because it didnt do it before i put it in. Im hoping that maybe the inserts will break in after awhile.

I love the AWR MM (front and rear only). If I went back to stock and drive the way I "CAN" NOW, I would definitely break s***!!!

367 (mp3yellow

i just got a whole new engine and the full set of AWR mounts. some of the comments here scare me a little, then i'm reminded of how i drive...(rockon)

and i figure that i'll be ok haha. i'll let you guys know what i think, i pick up my car on thurs/fri.

i wonder how the rr racing rear inserts will be compared to a solid rear mount. i imagine it wont vibrate as much as a solid rear mount would.

I have the rr racing front and rear inserts, it doesn't vibrate as much, but it obviously isn't as solid. I, with spirited driving, believe that I have torn the mounts even though I have the inserts. It was awesome for about 6 months, but now feels like stock mounts. I think I am going to go with all-around SLS.

I'd go with the whole package if your going to do the rear.

You would probably actually have more vibration from using the rear alone.

The sides and front should reduce it a bit. It's not too bad with all of em, but you get stuff buzzing and shaking that didn't before.

I just installed the SU front, passenger, and rear and I'm seriously thinking of yanking out the damn rear due to the Buzzing I now have... I'm hopeing that when I get the SU driver side (back ordered)that it will kill the buzzing noise. It gives me a headache driving to work!

I have the rr racing front and rear inserts, it doesn't vibrate as much, but it obviously isn't as solid. I, with spirited driving, believe that I have torn the mounts even though I have the inserts. It was awesome for about 6 months, but now feels like stock mounts. I think I am going to go with all-around SLS.

i have a solid front mount and the inserts for the sides. i will put the rear mount inserts in over the christmas break. im sure with all 4 mounts reinforced, it will feel pretty solid.

i would recommend not buying sls mounts. you should search and see some of the mounts they have made. its shocking how terrible they are (and yes they have broken).

i have a solid front mount and the inserts for the sides. i will put the rear mount inserts in over the christmas break. im sure with all 4 mounts reinforced, it will feel pretty solid.

i would recommend not buying sls mounts. you should search and see some of the mounts they have made. its shocking how terrible they are (and yes they have broken).

and so has a AWR front mount (only AWR mount that I've read break)... In SLS defence they have had a few break but that was due to a welder they had at the time. They have sence replaced that welder and the issues corrected. They broke when they first came out.

and so has a AWR front mount (only AWR mount that I've read break)... In SLS defence they have had a few break but that was due to a welder they had at the time. They have sence replaced that welder and the issues corrected. They broke when they first came out.

awr has had one mount break out of how many. sls has had several break. and it does not take a rocket scientist to understand why the sls mount blows nuts (the one that broke). the awr mount is triangular in design meaning more structurally sound. the sls mount im referring to was POORLY engineered.

awr has had one mount break out of how many. sls has had several break. and it does not take a rocket scientist to understand why the sls mount blows nuts (the one that broke). the awr mount is triangular in design meaning more structurally sound. the sls mount im referring to was POORLY engineered.

I never at one point stated that they were equal in build quaility so get off your high horse man... I was just simply stating that the issue has been resolved on their end. I haven't heard about any other SLS mounts breaking sence they have adressed the problem.

I never at one point stated that they were equal in build quaility so get off your high horse man... I was just simply stating that the issue has been resolved on their end. I haven't heard about any other SLS mounts breaking sence they have adressed the problem.

Are you kidding me?

A) im not on a high horse
B) this is a public forum and i was stating my opinion about sls products
C) if i saw a company design something so poorly, i would be weary about their other products.

Back