Motor Mount Inspection

you're playing russian roulette here by using torque figures that you seem to have determined when removing those bolts

the specs for the bolts were posted somewhere on the board but you could've also asked for them before just putting it all back together

the mount bracket bolts that go on the tranny are 49.2-68.6ft lbs
the BIG bolt that go from the mount to that bracket (the one that has been breaking) is 69-93.3ft lbs
the 4 bracket nuts (where the mount sits on the body) is 32.5-45ft lbs
the 2 other smaller bolts that go there is 61.1-86.7in lbs

MS3-oholic, great write up. I will, with the assistance of you write up be checking mine tomorrow.

Thanx again,

Loose

Attachments

• DSCF5139.JPG
    DSCF5139.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 457
I was bored today, so I decide to check my tranny bolt. It was very tight. I then took the mount out to find a red loctite substance on the bolt, and no rubber between the metal interface. My mount had the same part number as well. It looks like my car is 100% fine.

Now the great news, My build date is 08/06, and the car was delivered from the dealer on Oct 10/06 and has never been back to the dealer, indicating that Mazda has been putting loctite on since the start of production.

Last edited:
yeah it was probably some one forgot to fill the loctite resevior on a certian despensing machine and there was no 100% quality check so a certian amount may have gotton through.... ???

MS3-oholic said:
If you don't support the trasmission from below, your engine will fall to the ground as if your bolt broke. I didn't remove the support until after the bolt was fully torqued.

Makes sense :) I was wondering since you didn't lift the car. Thanks for the great write up!

MY old motor mount bracket with the "extra" rubber did infact have rubber on the surface of the mount.
i saw the new mount and watched as the new one also had this excess rubber over the mating surfaces, they cut the excess off and reassembled the car.

Also i agree that proper trqs need to be posted for those willing to do this. Reasoning is incorrect trq could cause other issues or over stress bolts and nuts and cause them to prematurely break.

Hell i popped a HG on my SVO by overtrq the studs to 90ft lbs. That HG lasted 200 miles. now i have a CHEAPER HG and trqed to 80ft lbs and no problems, hell i have seen 27psi and haven't had an issue yet. TRQ is important.

Back