motor build?

Of course you can make larger injectors work, but why? If you've gotta dial your pulse down to 0.01 seconds at idle, what's the use in that? Run a smaller injector and you can fine tune that much more. Think of it as resolution I guess...

I know idle is a PITA to dial in when running larger injectors on a 2.0 since when not in boost you still have to maintain a steady fuel flow. But the only thing I'm thinking is that with the BSFC at .60-065 for turbo cars at 80% duty cycle I would expect you to be running a larger injector since I'm assuming with your setup at 32psi you should be making around 500bhp. Plus as long as you get quality injectors that have a shorter injector latency then you should be able to tune idle no problems. If I'm messing something up in my thinking then please correct me Maxx.

My injectors are RC# SH4-750. The work perfectly but with some modifications. They are taller then stock injectors longer screws are needed. Youll also need to double up on O-rings at the top. And obviously youll need connectors too.
With the platinum series ecu it gives you the option of volumetric efficiency(VE) tuning. So its very easy to get the fuel set up right. Haltech actually recommends using VE when possible.

like MAXX said it all depends on what you need for your set up. 575cc flow rate is not enough fuel for that amount of air, but since his fuel system is capable of giving him ~100psi of fuel pressure those injectors rated to flow 575cc @~40psi, are actually flowing +850cc of fuel. Also because of the rising rate regulator its only doing so when he needs it

Last edited:
My injectors are RC# SH4-750. The work perfectly but with some modifications. They are taller then stock injectors longer screws are needed. Youll also need to double up on O-rings at the top. And obviously youll need connectors too.
With the platinum series ecu it gives you the option of volumetric efficiency(VE) tuning. So its very easy to get the fuel set up right. Haltech actually recommends using VE when possible.

like MAXX said it all depends on what you need for your set up. 575cc flow rate is not enough fuel for that amount of air, but since his fuel system is capable of giving him ~100psi of fuel pressure those injectors rated to flow 575cc @~40psi, are actually flowing +850cc of fuel. Also because of the rising rate regulator its only doing so when he needs it

Precisely. I CAN run it up to 100psi fuel pressure but I don't. I think under max boost it'll peak around 85psi or so, and then plateau (walbro 255 pump) but so far I haven't run out of headroom. I'm using SARD 575cc injectors on my setup. (Direct replacement for STi pinks.)

Here you can see the external FPR. I've got a fuel pressure gauge inside the cabin, as well as on the FPR itself and directly on the rail.

img1438d.jpg

img1439xb.jpg

I bought an aeromotive fpr too that i plan on installing. The aftermarket cam gears are just not worth the headache. Some sensor would not work with these gears so i feel factory will be a better option. Im running fsze cams i bought from corksport. And i got a good deal since i was able to trade the gears over for the 600cc injectors. If they are too bog again maybe ill downsize but i have a feeling these will do fine.

Painting the transmission endcap today. Also bringing in the car to paint the engine bay soon. Got a scrapped and chipped from the last few shops.

Precisely. I CAN run it up to 100psi fuel pressure but I don't. I think under max boost it'll peak around 85psi or so, and then plateau (walbro 255 pump) but so far I haven't run out of headroom. I'm using SARD 575cc injectors on my setup. (Direct replacement for STi pinks.)

I understand that your fuel pressure will allow you to increase the flow rate of the injectors but I just don't understand why you would want to increase pressures that high. I get it's only doing it when it's needed but increasing the fuel injector sizing would allow you to run appropraite pressures at peak boost and as long as you have quality injectors your latency time should be low enough that tuning for idle wouldn't be an issue. It seems to be working for you so I see your thought process is working.

No. This isn't Fast and Furious lol

Hey! I represent that statement, lol.

bump just got the 600cc injectors in the mail. Car is at the body shop now getting the engine bay repainted

So the engine is ready to drop back in just 1 final setback. I need a new factory oil cooler since the one on there potentially has a bunch of metal shavings in it. Only problem is it is on backorder from mazda tell who knows when.

Why didint it get cleaned out like the rest of the parts?

Well they tryed cleaning it out as best they could. Theres no way to open it up and look though and they said its not worth risking incase there is still metal shavings in it

Back