Most beautiful Turbo Kit Known to man...OMG

NoahFex

:
96 Ford Probe 2.0L
I just saw this posted on mx6.com...It is for Probe GTs and MX-6 LS's. (2nd gen 2.5L V6 models) and costs only $3250! Holy crap...makes me wish I still had my probe gt!

turbokit3.jpg

turbokit2.jpg

turbokit1.jpg

turbokit4.jpg

turbokit5.jpg

that isn't a good placement for the CAI on there...it should be much farther from the turbo...otherwise it looks like a good layout

DragonEye said:
that isn't a good placement for the CAI on there...it should be much farther from the turbo...otherwise it looks like a good layout

Unfortionately that is how it has to be done. There is almost NO space on Probe GT's and even less on Mazda MX-6's.

The battery actually has to be relocated to the trunk/hatch of the car for this kit to even fit the turbo/air filter in there at all.

see:

gt3.jpg

...yea i know what you mean, but then if you are going to want t oprevent the heat problems...then you will want to do some sort of ram air or something through the hood or something because otherwise that will be really limiting the potential

NoahFex said:
Unfortionately that is how it has to be done. There is almost NO space on Probe GT's and even less on Mazda MX-6's.

The battery actually has to be relocated to the trunk/hatch of the car for this kit to even fit the turbo/air filter in there at all.

see:

gt3.jpg

DragonEye said:
...yea i know what you mean, but then if you are going to want t oprevent the heat problems...then you will want to do some sort of ram air or something through the hood or something because otherwise that will be really limiting the potential

Actually, most if not all Probe/MX6 2.5L turbos are setup this way. There has been tons of research and it's really the only logical way unless you are using a t25 turbo with teeny housings. There have been 1 or two who used that turbo and stuck it by the radiator using a slimline fan. But obviously a t25 with small a/r's isn't going to have enough flow to maximize potential on that motor anyways. :)

NoahFex said:
Actually, most if not all Probe/MX6 2.5L turbos are setup this way. There has been tons of research and it's really the only logical way unless you are using a t25 turbo with teeny housings. There have been 1 or two who used that turbo and stuck it by the radiator using a slimline fan. But obviously a t25 with small a/r's isn't going to have enough flow to maximize potential on that motor anyways. :)
or if it is used strictly for racing, then you could always take out the one head light and put an intake through there;) i saw it done on an S4 and other cars mmmm

Back