Moroso Oilpan

ddogg777, Randy is at Moroso and for a time he had some really consistent communications with several people (Spicy, Mike R, etc) regarding a Moroso pan.

Personally, I'd prefer a Moroso pan (no offense). They have the R&D muscle and background to put something out successfully w/o a "trial and error" batch.

OK, I rolled up to Moroso today to pick up my block they've been using. Randy showed me a CAD drawing of the pan. It looks very nice. Has a large bumo out on the bottom. This is it though, he's still behind. Management has him working on other projects for older domestic applications. He even went as far to show upper management the forums and the demand for the product. All I can say is that is will definately happen, when, I don't know.

this would be a nice addition to my new motor when I get going on the rebuild! Don't need to pop a fricken built motor on the track... I can't afford popping more motors!

I've been trying to work on a solutions too... but no damn time! Beau's design should be fabulous and way oustrip most of the other options... and the man is busy too... so just keep up the interest.. that is the best thing for vendors to be able to get stuff out... really stay interested and that way we know we have something to sell to when we complete something.. when interest fall off it gets hard to validate spending time on projects at times... we have to follow what customers want... not what we may think/know to be best.

It's been almost 2 years since this thread was started. I don't think anyone is going to get anything out in the next 2 either.

Mike R said:
It's been almost 2 years since this thread was started. I don't think anyone is going to get anything out in the next 2 either.

I thought I saw it listed on MAM's webpage with a price and a release date.

Meh, haven't checked there in awhile. I remember a prototype was being tested and redesigned almost a year ago...

it had been tested for longer than a year... it works, no doubts about that, but the interest to cost ratio isn't very high.

the only one who knows when/if it will be released is Beau.

No release date, and Beau hasn't posted in the thread since march. The redesign post was last year.

Latest posts

Back