Moroso Oilpan

Keep in mind that we need the oil pan to work with the stock exhaust system. Tony at AWR told me yesterday that the Sunbelt pans on the WC Protege's get in the way of the stock exhaust and they have to fab up a whole new header and downpipe for it.

Yeah there isnt much room to work with under the pan, especially when u have a larger diamater header collector...I even think one of the flanges sits directly against the pan. inner baffles alone would be sufficent...just to keep the oil from moving to much.

yeah i'm thinking inner baffles are the go at the moment...

to get an oil pan made up that will work with all headers....not easy

Duane is correct, we have been working on a 5qt oil pan(alittle).We are only messing around with it alittle here and alittle there because we currently have our hands full.Right now we are building a few new products.They are:
1/2 Fuel rail
60 and 65MM CNC billet aluminum Throttle bodies
Aluminum short runner intake manifold
Thumper Turbo kit
AEM EMS

So until we have a few of these current projects finished we will only play with it here and there.

I bet you sell more oil pans than all that other stuff combined aside from the EMS. I'll happily Beta test one for you. I AutoX every month and can easily get to the mountains. I'll have a good setup on my car when it goes back together to monitor oil pressure.

......Mental Addiction Motorsports.....
(bow)

Just tryin to get you more business than you can handle, Beau. :D

Make sure that it isnt just larger but accomodates aftermarket headers and has baffles to disrupt oil shifts...although more volume cant hurt, but i would want to make sure it fits. The only people who would want this would already have large diameter headers.

yeah, I'm more worried about baffles than oil capacity. Beau, would the pan replace the upper and lower sections or just the lower?

The pan design may not happen til later this summer, or at least until he gets a good start on his other projects. IN the meantime, continue submitting ideas and even pictures if you have an aftermarket header/collector that would define the oil pan's size constraints.

xelderx said:
I bet you sell more oil pans than all that other stuff combined aside from the EMS.
Hmm, I bet you're right. The oil pan can be beneficial to everyone with the FS-DE engine: Probes, MX-6, Protege, 626, etc. This might be a nice market to look at...

ddogg777 said:
Hmm, I bet you're right. The oil pan can be beneficial to everyone with the FS-DE engine: Probes, MX-6, Protege, 626, etc. This might be a nice market to look at...
Plus he would be the only vendor right now and this is the solution to a known problem...not just another performance part made by 5 different companies.

I was trying to work with him and AutoRnD offered to buy ten of these oil pans if we could speed this up. If someone speaks to Randy again. Please let him know that this stands. He won't seem to answer my e-mails anymore.

Thanks
Dave

Back