More goodies for the car

DiS

In Soviet Russia...
Contributor
:
2016 Subaru WRX Crystal White Pearl
Well after yelling and screaming at autopartswarehouse.com indian person on the phone for about 20 minutes (they charged me and then 5 days later said that rotors are on back order and will take them 3 weeks to get'em and on their website said they are in stock), I went ahead and placed an order yesterday through tirerack.com. And voala! Ordered these bad boys yesterday and recieved them today! Freaking fast s***! Gotta love UPS Ground. Props to tirerack.com for ALWAYS having parts in stock!

don't ask what happened to the box on the right......I don't know and I don't want to know, lol!
I think the 1st picture will answer your question "which rotors are those!?" (thumb)...did I also mention that these are cryo-treated? (peep)

These things will go on the car this Saturday along with Hawk HPS pads

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

DSCF0208.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

installed pics
DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

Last edited:
ooooo, 4lug slotted rotors, yummy. im gonna have to get me some of these next time! =)

sam1 said:
ooooo, 4lug slotted rotors, yummy. im gonna have to get me some of these next time! =)
yea man these things are great! Love every bit of them along with the pads

LEXi73 said:
may i ask what the going rate was for them?
sure. The price was $115 each from tirerack.com and they DO have them in stock (thumb)

update

post #1 updated with rotors installed pics

vxfilmer1000 said:
Dang man, What happened to the box on the right ??!!

I'm just kidding man Nice rotors !!!

(rofl) I KNEW that someone would ask that, lol
thanks man. Yea it was raining like a mofo an hour ago, and these things were great!

L8R said:
Looks nice!
Thank You!(ughdance)

MAN I WISH my BLACK paint would be just like your black p5 man! That's what I get because of driving behind the dump trucks every day

Dude, photoshop does wonders, my car is just as dirty! I was thinking that brakes be my next upgrade. You have convinced me.

L8R said:
Dude, photoshop does wonders, my car is just as dirty! I was thinking that brakes be my next upgrade. You have convinced me.
hell yea man! It's WELL worth it! I am just SUPER amazed by the incredible difference in the braking power. Much much better than blank rotors with stock pads. Just a little tip, if you want semi-metalic pads (like Hawk HPS, which are Ferro-carbon=semi-metalic) definetly get the cryo-treated rotors, because if you will use any kind of semi-metalic pads on non cryo-treated rotors, the pads will kill the rotors relatively fast.

Hmm good thing to keep in mind. Did you also upgrade your brake lines?

L8R said:
Hmm good thing to keep in mind. Did you also upgrade your brake lines?
brake lines are still from factory, although that's on my low priority list....after I pay at least half of my credit card, pay for the rest of my turbo parts, find out for sure if my front driver side hub is shot or not (pretty sure its on its way out), buy aftermarket clutch/flywheel to support turbo power. So yea brake lines are on the list...somewhere, but they are, hehe

DIS,

How's the noise with this setup? None, low, med, or high? I'm thinking about going with the same stuff. Also, did you use Hawk HPS or HPS plus?

Protege_Speed said:
DIS,

How's the noise with this setup? None, low, med, or high? I'm thinking about going with the same stuff. Also, did you use Hawk HPS or HPS plus?
actually no noise whatsoever, hehe. I love this setup, definetly a GREAT upgrade from stock rotors/pads and yea I use Hawk HPS pads, which are Ferro-carbon (semi-metalic)
boostdprotegelx said:
i need them..at least until i do a 5 lug swap.
you won't regret it!

Back