Moon/sun roof dying?

cplagge

:
99 Protege ES
Hey guys my sun/moon roof has slowly been moving slower and slower when i use it. Now its gotten so bad that the sun roof button does not do anything at all, and the moon roof slides so slowly, that i'm worried the motor will give out with it still in the open position. Anyone have any ideas, like should i try greasing the track or something?

Hey guys my sun/moon roof has slowly been moving slower and slower when i use it. Now its gotten so bad that the sun roof button does not do anything at all, and the moon roof slides so slowly, that i'm worried the motor will give out with it still in the open position. Anyone have any ideas, like should i try greasing the track or something?

mine did the same thing what i just did was took of the glass and just cleaned everthing with a wet rag

okay so i bet the removal isnt that much different... i see four screws on the perimeter of my sunroof moon roof whatever it is. ill try removing those.

*update* So i took a rag to the tracks and really got in there and cleaned them out. I did not remove the window though. I then took some silicone spray and sprayed it on a clean rag and lined the track with the stuff. It now slides like a champ~

(yes)
*update* So i took a rag to the tracks and really got in there and cleaned them out. I did not remove the window though. I then took some silicone spray and sprayed it on a clean rag and lined the track with the stuff. It now slides like a champ~

glad u got it to work

Back