monthly payments

hopefully I'm posting this in the right place, first time on this form so not really sure were to start. What I would like to know is whats the monthly payments some of you are making on the Mazdaspeed 3. looking for older models, no really interested in the 2010 right now. How many months is it for, how much of down payment did you put down, etc. My plan is hopefully to purchase 2009 model or under by the summer time. my parents are going help me with using their credit which is really good. Before they hadboth been approved for a Mazda 6 with like 4.3 interest i think.

I plan on putting 3000 down, maybe little more. Also if someone can tell if its worth selling a 1997 Mazda Protege DX with 120,000 miles or using it as a trade in. Also I'm using a audi 80 at the time so I can get use to manual, since I live in jersey. That cars old but I wonder if I would even get anything for it if I were to sell it. I know its a long question but I hoping to get something sround 300ish a month so I can have money t pay off insurance to. Also if you guys don't mind telling me, how much do you pay a month for insurance?

hopefully I'm posting this in the right place, first time on this form so not really sure were to start. What I would like to know is whats the monthly payments some of you are making on the Mazdaspeed 3. looking for older models, no really interested in the 2010 right now. How many months is it for, how much of down payment did you put down, etc. My plan is hopefully to purchase 2009 model or under by the summer time. my parents are going help me with using their credit which is really good. Before they hadboth been approved for a Mazda 6 with like 4.3 interest i think.

I plan on putting 3000 down, maybe little more. Also if someone can tell if its worth selling a 1997 Mazda Protege DX with 120,000 miles or using it as a trade in. Also I'm using a audi 80 at the time so I can get use to manual, since I live in jersey. That cars old but I wonder if I would even get anything for it if I were to sell it. I know its a long question but I hoping to get something sround 300ish a month so I can have money t pay off insurance to. Also if you guys don't mind telling me, how much do you pay a month for insurance?

autotrader= vehicle prices
your financial institution= loan params
your ins company= rates for any car you are interested in

$32 600 CAD for my car new when I bought it in 07 plus the $7000 CAD I owed on the Matrix I traded in, financed at 3.6% for 7 years....

$291 CAD biweekly (or between $582 and $873 per month) - Basically a $52 000 car

Couple that with my biweekly payments on my B4000 of $290. The mistakes I'm paying for lol...

Used prices around here at $23 000 or so now. So probably $690/month on a 3 year loan at 8%.

$0 loan, $0/mo -- forever. ;) Insurance is a bit over $50/mo.
Ditto... but I'm 30. Prospeed, I'm assuming you're young since you need your parents to cosign your loan. Expect to pay a lot more for your insurance. So, make sure you put that into your equation of how much you have to pay and if you can afford it.

autotrader= vehicle prices
your financial institution= loan params
your ins company= rates for any car you are interested in

QFE

KBB dot com for used car prices in your area. Generally speaking, if you're not pressed to ditch the used car, you'll do better by selling it privately, putting more cash down, and directly negotiating the price of the car you're buying instead of playing the shell game with trade-in value vs. purchase price. But that takes patience right now, as the used car market is soft, because people just aren't buying.

ANY bank web site has a loan calculator you can use. It all comes down to amount financed, interest rate, and length of term. No 2 people here will have the exact same loan terms, and neither will you. And generally speaking, used car rates are slightly higher than new car rates- plus, rates fluctuate all the time. My new car rate in FL from 9/08 won't be a good barometer for you buying used today, halfway across the country.

Progressive & others will even quote you insurance online, or call your agent. They do run quotes at no charge, after all.

$207/month, $11k loan, 5 years. I got a 4.9% interest after one bank declined my application at 8%. I got lucky. (=

Paid 16k for my 08, $1000 down 400/mo payments. Would have put more down but I was in a pinch

Traded in an 05 SRT-4 ($9000) towards a used 2008 MS3 with 3500 miles on it.

$12k loan over 4 years at 5.5% interest = $300/mo.

~12k down,
~9k loan / 36mo
~ $270/mo.

10 months in, will probably be able to pay it off within the next few months.

Last edited:
10k down
15k financed @5.8% 60 months - 300/month
paid off after 1 yr of payments.

Live in Jersey
Put $2.5k down, traded car in for $3k.
Ended up getting the extended warranty, so I financed about 20k at 5.3% interest for 72 months. My monthly is $346.21.

Insurance is ~$1300 a year with NJM.

Back