Molded DGM CF Lip

YP5 Toronto

Contributor
Updated Molded DGM CF Lip

Last fall...had a bad feeling...parked the car in the middle of NO WHERE...bright sunny day..no clouds....just waxed....no cars or objects that would block the view of my car... some truck rolls over the very edge of my front bumper and does this:

The lip was actually under the bumper...i pulled it back up.
dam1.jpg

So...this spring I went out and found a used bumper of ebay:
bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

I sent it out to a body shop to get fixed and molded into one piece. It came back better than I expected.

done1.JPG

I ask them to cut away all the grill stuff..as this will be my summer/show bumper....profile the IC and my new NX intercooler CO2 spray. The stock bumper will be used in the great winter season.

done2.JPG

My camera died...I will take more pics once it is on...but that wont be for a little bit.

Updated Pics:

dg_molded1.JPG

dg_molded2.JPG

dg_molded3.JPG

dg_molded4.JPG

dg_molded5.JPG

dg_molded6.JPG

Last edited:
MazdaNeal said:
looks sharp man, i dont see how somebody was stupid enough to do that though... idiots...
trust me...it was unbelievable....I swear... I had a bad feeling that day...I turned to my GF in the car and said "do you mind if we park a bit further away from the picnic site?"

Then...my cousin comes to the picnic site a few minutes later and says "there is a truck that hit your car...you better go to the parking lot."

anyways.....I got money from him...and things turned out better in the end.

looks nice! cant wait to see a picture that shows the whole front end on

thanks for the comments....I will post pics soon..

For those of you that don't have to deal with winter...I would strongly recommend this modification....especially for hose 2001/early 2002 P5 owners that have lots of chips and scrapes on their stock bumper.

Make sure you talk to the shop that is doing it...that they "fill" in the areas in behind the lip for added strength.

i have spoke with a few local members about this. we thought it would look awesome, plus no one had done it yet.......

I can't take full credit..... One member her in Toronto did this last fall... EdsMP5.. it looked so good...I knew what I had to do.

ken from protegegarage and i had talked about getting this done with my dg lip, but in the end if i scraped it (which has happened 3 times now) then your going to mess up the whole bumper area and all that is going o be alot of work. where as now if my lip breaks, oh well, time for lowering springs.

Well...there is always a risk...but if done correctly by the shop..it can be made into ONE very solid piece. The shop used some expanding filler and a whole bunch of body screws.

Latest posts

Back