MOD friendly dealers in Tampa ??

:
06 LS MS6
07 BM GT (shell has been struck from the roll)
greetings all
time for my 45K on my MS3

I haven't done much to it, but it would be best to get started with a cool dealer, and stick with them

any suggestions?

Tyrone square mazda in st petersburg is where I go. As long as the mods are done right and not rigged. There ok with it. I actually go there and show them my car after I get some new goodies. If a mod is actually the cause of an issue, then there may be a problem though. Which is fair IMO. good luck

btw....i live in Riverview. Its not that bad of a drive there. 45minutes or so

Tyrone square mazda in st petersburg is where I go. As long as the mods are done right and not rigged. There ok with it. I actually go there and show them my car after I get some new goodies. If a mod is actually the cause of an issue, then there may be a problem though. Which is fair IMO. good luck

thanks strick

have not seen you yet
met a dude with a white one, and a black one, both in the bloomingdale walmart lot
the red must be tough to spot

any dealers you know to be pricks?

ive heard of the wesley chapel mazda screwing people over, but not me personally. Ive always gone to tyrone since they take good care of me there. Ive yet to have one issue going there.

This is good to know. I also live in Riverview, and I bought at Ferman in Brandon. Been going there for oil changes, but I get the impression they're not too keen on mods. Last time they saw mine, it had afermarket wheels & a Forge BPV, but I doubt they noticed the BPV. Gonna be harder to hide the Cobb SRI when my next LOF comes due, and even though swapping the stock airbox in isn't that hard, I'd just rather not have to do it. I'd rather drive to Tyrone & "reward" them for not being prickish by giving them business.

Have to look into that. Thanks!

I bought my MSP from tyrone. Their service dept is good :) They never questioned me on anything when the WGA went on my turbo way back in the day and I had an exhaust on at the time.

Ive been to the Wesley Chapel Mazda once and had no problems with them. I had my timing belt swapped out and had a lube/oil/filter while he was at it. Car was done in a timely manner and price wasn't too bad for the services that were done. He called me everyday and filled me in regarding the progress of the vehicle. They never mentioned anything to me about the mods I had on the vehicle.

On a separate note, Ive also been to the Ferman Mazda in Brandon twice for oil changes and had no problems with them either.

BTW: I too live in the Brandon/Riverview area. I have a 00 Protege sedan thats two tone in color (green/black) with MP3 spoiler and busted out left side passenger side sail window.

This is good to know. I also live in Riverview, and I bought at Ferman in Brandon. Been going there for oil changes, but I get the impression they're not too keen on mods. Last time they saw mine, it had afermarket wheels & a Forge BPV, but I doubt they noticed the BPV. Gonna be harder to hide the Cobb SRI when my next LOF comes due, and even though swapping the stock airbox in isn't that hard, I'd just rather not have to do it. I'd rather drive to Tyrone & "reward" them for not being prickish by giving them business.

Have to look into that. Thanks!

thats where i bought mine too. ive taken mine there with my turboxs tbe hks bpv and injen cai. your sri shouldn't be a problem. they dont care about intakes at all. at least they didnt with me, i very rarely have to go there tho. i do my own oil changes. i think if i ever have a REAL problem ill just remove my major mods though just in case.

I never had any probs with Ferman in Brandon, granted its been 2 yrs or so since I last had them service anything for me.

The Parts Mgr, Stacy is cool as hell though. I buy all my parts there. I did my own timing belt and I change my own oil, so I dont have a lot of time invested with the service guys.

I'm going to need an LOF in another 3-5 weeks. Maybe I'll try Ferman & see if I get any comments about the SRI.

When my TRZ rear motor mount was installed the other day, the guy noticed 2 bolts missing near the catalytic converter, though. (I'd do this stuff myself, but bad back/neck won't let me get torque-y under the car and I don't have access to a lift) Ferman is the only shop to have wrenched on my car, and only for a bad fuel filler neck & LOF's. Can't imagine why they'd be messing with bolts near the cat. Gonna have to ask about that.

update

Had my 45K done today
jim and jerry seem cool.
I am dead stock, so of course no issues, had a pleasant dealer experience, they even washed it. got a price break since oil change was not needed.

a bit vague when questoned about when I was required by warranty to return to the dealer, I didn't pushit

Met a dude with a black speed in for a pair of tires right behind me in line
he said they had voided his warranty for continuing to use a forge bpv after they warned him to remove it.
its voided " cuz they quit doing free oil changes"

dunno about that, dealership seems to small to have the MNA service adjustor onsite but fyi

he was still there when I left, $474 for the pair

I know

its called tirerack

all in all a decent experience. clean car, no missing bolts, no misaligned wheels, even latched the hood

Had my 45K done today
jim and jerry seem cool.
I am dead stock, so of course no issues, had a pleasant dealer experience, they even washed it. got a price break since oil change was not needed.

a bit vague when questoned about when I was required by warranty to return to the dealer, I didn't pushit

Met a dude with a black speed in for a pair of tires right behind me in line
he said they had voided his warranty for continuing to use a forge bpv after they warned him to remove it.
its voided " cuz they quit doing free oil changes"

dunno about that, dealership seems to small to have the MNA service adjustor onsite but fyi

he was still there when I left, $474 for the pair

I know

its called tirerack

all in all a decent experience. clean car, no missing bolts, no misaligned wheels, even latched the hood
Glad to hear your experience was good there. They really are good people. I like the fact that the owner is on the property every day. Sets the bar for the whole dealership IMO.

Ummm... which dealer did you choose to use?

Jim and Jerry work at Tyrone square. They are the service writers.

Definitely stay away from Ferman on Brandon. I went there right after I bought my MSP for hesitation issues and they straight turned me away for a cone filter. Took it back a few times for other issues and kept getting the same "we don't want your business" attitude. They even tried to charge me $350 to do the reflash because they "HAD" to put the stock airbox on in order to do it. They are far from mod friendly.

Partially due to my schedule (I work graveyard shift) and partially because I am lazy, I ended up taking my MS3 to Ferman in Brandon for LOF and tire rotation this morning. I purposely decided to roll the dice & leave my Cobb SRI on to see if I got any comments.

I forget the service advisor's name, but he was a tall Black guy, and he actually got into an enthusiastic discussion about modding cars with me. Apparently, he has an IS300 with a 1JZ single turbo swap.

For all I know, he may have been digging for info to put in my file for future warranty refusals, but I didn't give him anything. He honestly seemed a tad disappointed that I wasn't planning any major power mods in the future.

Oh, and they only charged me for synthetic blend instead of full synthetic. The tech assured me he used 5-30 full synthetic, despite the work order saying 5-20 blend (advisor's mistake). I just hope he wasn't yanking my chain, as I am about to head to Deal's Gap for some high-revving twisty fun.

So, here's an update. I got an e-mail survey last week asking me about my experience. And I was honest. I mentioned that it seemed odd that the tech would use a more expensive product than the work order called for without either asking me if I wanted the upgrade or at least making a note on the work order when he returned it to the service advisor. Or, did he NOT actually use the full synthetic, and just told me what I wanted to hear in order to avoid doing it a 2nd time? Leaves me wondering about trusting their tech.

So this Monday, I got a phone call from the service advisor, Brian, who had fallen all over himself to fix the problem in the first place. He said the tech who did the work was an FNG, and that after my e-mail, they approached him again & asked some very specific questions to be 100% certain they had the details right.

Turns out he misspoke. Apparently, he used 5w30 synthetic blend. (Not the 5w20 blend listed on the work order, and not the 5w30 full synth I had requested)

So Brian offered to set an appointment at my convenience to change the oil out for the full synthetic I had requested, at no charge. Additionally, he offered to top off my gas or find some other little freebie, but I told him I'm not out fishing for free stuff- I just appreciate that they took my comments seriously, owned up to the mistake. and offered to correct it without any hassle. Personally, that's all I need, especially since it was a very minor mistake.

So I'll be going in Friday morning for fresh oil & filter.

Oh, and I never did get to Deal's Gap. I had some sort of Water Buffalo Flu or something & wasn't up to making the 9 hour drive each way. So the synthetic blend has only done less than 1k miles, all in local commuting.

Back