Mixing fiberglass and MDF... need help.

so anyways poseur,
hows the sound? you satisfied with your masterpiece or are you going to be building a new one?

Ah yes, the million dollar question... I like it. sounds prettymuch no different than my old box, which is to say awesome.... Only this one isn't a big ugly pile of wood that takes up all of my hatch. I am however still having problems getting the idea out of my head to make something similar but slot-ported with a port that runs under a false floor. We'll see how motivated I am to get that taken care of, but that might turn into something seriously interesting...

what, you dont like the beautiful look of MDF? its sooo pretty tho.=) but yea, im already making plans for my next fg adventure too. its kinda addicting. anyways, at least you like it, so now all you have to do it paint that biotch and be done with it.

Might actualy transfer it to another P5er and make my ported dealiebob happen...

Nowthen. the OTHER project in the works is a freind's 5. He wants to put a pair of 15's in a false-floor... Perhaps we're getting overly ambitious, but we shall soon findout...

Poseur said:
I am however still having problems getting the idea out of my head to make something similar but slot-ported with a port that runs under a false floor. We'll see how motivated I am to get that taken care of, but that might turn into something seriously interesting...
For my 8"s that are going to arrive today (hopefully) I am planning something similar. I am going to raise the floor about 4" so I can put the amps above the spare tire. Then I am going to use the left over space on either side as part of the sub enclosures. I plan to seal all but an opening in each corner. Then I will build fiberglass pods that cover the enclosure to hold each 8" woofer and one of those flex tubes they sell at SelectProducts. The result will be a very small-looking fiberglass enclosure...with big ported sound.

Well, the plan sofar is to just go for sealed at somewhere around 1.5cuf a pop which shouldn't be toobad by the time you ditch the spare... Who knows it'll be a couplefew weeks atleast, it might turn to 2 12's or maybe a single 15. but, y'kno, fuggit I'm all about getting silly... I'm not sure if he knows quite what he's getting into.

Latest posts

Back