Mitsubishi Eclipse

:
MSP & MS3
I really don't feel like posting pics... I was just curious whether or not this bothers anyone else. though I wouldn't consider buying this car (subpar handling, kind of slow for the power, stupid ac knob) I do admire mitsu's ambition.... from the looks dept, inside and out, they showed some balls.

I guess what kills me (even more than the aformentioned ac knob) are those side mirrors.... I realize, after sitting in one, why they have to be where they are.... and that, the more aerodynamic cars (like the new civic) are positioned in a similar way.... however, they just look plain awkward on the new eclipse.

If I was somehow forced into owning this car, despite the obvious visibility issues, I'd have to chop those suckers off. imagine how much better it would look!!! or at least have them moved to their proper place... even if they'd be useless. I don't know.... I'm bored and figured I'd vent about some stupid s*** like this.

Oh.... and here's a pic. (guess I'm not as lazy as I thought)

picture sort've blows but you get the idea

2006_Mitsubishi_EclipseGT_expasssd.jpg

oh and... for anyone that's wondering, when you turn the ac knob (that says 'AC' on it) the 'AC' turns with the knob.... nitpicking? maybe... but come on! is it too hard to make it stay rightside up? that s*** would drive the OC side of me crazy

F**k that s**t!Mitsubishi mocked our beloved FD in the commercial for this p.o.s!(lol2)If ur gonna get an Eclipse,look for a 1st or 2nd gen. especially of it's a GS-T or GSX!Those r hot!

Something needs to be done with that front end as well. Looks like a taurus and a cavalier had a kid...

auto_mitsu_eclipse-gt.jpg

just imagine the 'AC' on the knob rotating along with the knob as you turn it. I'm sure most people wouldn't a) notice and b) give a s*** but I did... and it drove me nuts. In reality, for a car in this price range that is supposed to appeal to the wannabe racer, it should have climate control. If it did, there'd be no issue.

On the subject of nitpicking things... as cool as the tail light clusters look, the tail/brake light LEDs aren't in a cirlcle, as they should be, but instead... in an inverted C... I notice little s*** like that all the time. for my money, it doesnt' get much better than the tails on a G35. perfect circuluar led pattern... the eclipse on the other hand... not so much.

it's a shame too cuz... even though you people talk about going old school and getting a GST or some s***... you're probably also the same people gushing over the upcoming MS3. I never was much of a fan of fwd but maybe they're finally figuring out how to manage TS so... with the weight (and cost) savings, it may not be that bad... problem with the eclipse is it's too big and bloated. If they shortened up this bastard about 4 inches, and put it on a diet, who knows? maybe it could pull the same type of numbers the upcoming speed3 is promising... couple that with mitsu fixing various things (including the front end) ... though, it doesn't look half as bad with the kit they offer... and you'd have one hell of a car.

Phoenix5 said:
F**k that s**t!Mitsubishi mocked our beloved FD in the commercial for this p.o.s!(lol2)If ur gonna get an Eclipse,look for a 1st or 2nd gen. especially of it's a GS-T or GSX!Those r hot!

Now now. The FD was just making a point that it knew it's worthless engine would blow sometime soon and that it wished it had a somewhat decent powertrain like the Eclipse. If only the eclipse wasn't so heavy and had a decent suspension. Every review I've read on it just drips with anger regarding the understeer.

hahahaha bwahahahahahahahaha

id hit that colt in the ass a few times......id rock it as a commuter

Necessity said:
Now now. The FD was just making a point that it knew it's worthless engine would blow sometime soon and that it wished it had a somewhat decent powertrain like the Eclipse. If only the eclipse wasn't so heavy and had a decent suspension. Every review I've read on it just drips with anger regarding the understeer.

Ya,and the Eclipse wishes it had the FD's handling and lightweight stance.If it wasn't for leaks and it's bad fuel economy,it would be one of the best Japanese sports cars.Seriously,the FD would have smoked that Eclipse!(burnout)

Phoenix5 said:
Ya,and the Eclipse wishes it had the FD's handling and lightweight stance.If it wasn't for leaks and it's bad fuel economy,it would be one of the best Japanese sports cars.Seriously,the FD would have smoked that Eclipse!(burnout)

*yurls* .... nice man...u just blew the chunks bill just said.....woot! +2 fo joo!

hey...you guys do know that the eclipse is faster in every category but braking than the rx8 *dons fire retardent suit*

Latest posts

Back