missing my baby who is mad at me....

Depends on many variables. edmunds is the most accurate. The issue with it not going in gear does affect it greatly, though.

If it takes the guy a month and half to do a 2-3 hour timing belt job, I hate to see how long you're gonna be waiting on the clutch and differential!

unless someone who knows that this is a common thing and is willing to work round it. i had a guy offer me 8000 for it over the phone and i know he has never even seen the car. he has a mazdaspeed 6 so he may want to collect them. idk. i want 8 grand at least if i sell it. but with a 600 dollar diff and a 250 labor and shop charge i would do just as well to sell it for 7 and get it off my hands. i really like the car though and if i spend the money on fixing it i am gonna want to keep it.

Wow that's almost as long as it's taking me to repair the head on my brothers toyota truck. Well I had to wait a few weeks to be able to afford to pay for the parts. Then I take the head to the machine shop and he charged me $250 for the repair. He had damaged the threads on a plug and never let me know until the truck was almost not even driveable.

Oh sorry got off topic, sounds like a blown differential to me too.

so, more news. i got the trans and clutch out. both were bad. i slid the axles back into place with the trans on the floor of the shop and put it in gear, turned the input shaft and the axles turned. my buddy held pressure on the axles and i turned the input but the axles would not turn with any load on them. i was in a real bind and had to have my car so i found a trans from an 01 protege with 25000 miles that was hit in the rear and totaled. as soon as i can get a diff from protege garage im gonna break my old trans down and replace the diff. then when i get the money for a clutch, its race time again. im taking it super easy on this new trans. i does not have the lsd cause it is from a regular protege and the trans gearing seems a little off from the 03 trans, but at least now i can drive it..... needless to say, i miss my old trans. anybody in the monroe/shreveport louisiana area on here?

Back