Mini Gumball anyone???

DSMConvert

AWD...say Bye Bye
:
Titanium MS6
Thinking about getting together a florida version rally.. Start say in Tally - Jville-Otown-Tpa-Miami type of deal. However no where near the cost. I did this a few years back and was able to keep the cost for a 3 night/4 day event under $250 including hotel each night and breakfast and ending dinner. This would require around 30-40 people though as the way it works is I talk a hotel into special rates and use that hotel all 3 nights. For them it means 30-40 sold rooms for 3 nights so they usually let them go very cheap. Since I'm not a fan of high speeds on public roadways there is never a 1st place trophy...Instead there are random trophies... everything from Biggest food bill, to dirties car, to ugliest tourist photo, to monument most resembling a sexual organ. This way it focuses people on the event itself instead of just driving to a finish line. At any rate if everyone wants to spread the word I think this could be a great time. Usually takes a few months to plan and setup so we'd be looking for around september/october more than likely.

-John

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a time-match type rally... The person closest to some undisclosed time wins. That's what they do for most road rally events.

i think that would imply speeding which sounds like he's trying to avoid....

very cool idea tho

no cause it's not who makes it there fastest... the secret time will obviously be a sensible time based on posted speed limits.

Yea we've considered that in the past...but we added that you had to be at each checkpoint during a certain window too...which would prevent people from hauling ass to the end then just buring time... The details can be worked out once I know this is a go, right now I just want to spread the word as much as possible to get this thing rolling. So if any of you are on other florida boards please feel free to pull them in. The only person not eligible is Chuck Norris....for obvious reason.

how about just making a rule that if you get a speeding ticket, you are disqualified from the race

that would make me think twice b4 speeding.... too much

You could even expand that rule to include: If you are seen by anyone (cops, other rally participants, etc.) you get disqualified, or time added to your total time difference.

hidden check points in areas that you HAVE to pass to get to your destination

All the BS thats going on around here about, teh "Skreeet RaZer's" has me thinking a large crew of car's going high speed's might not be the best idea right now....

Regardless of the rule's that are set, there will be those few asshole's that can't control themself's. let alone their car's at any rate of speed....

But beside's all that jazz, it does sound like a good time and if it's planned very carefully and maybe even be selective on who you choose to let into this rally I don't see why this couldn't be pulled off. Hell I might just get the bug up my ass and deside to join you guy's.....Good Luck!

Stop wasting time and filling the thread with stupid ideas on how to control the "SPEEDING". Who cares, to each their own. If you get a ticket, hey guess what you got a ticket not anyone else. It's your own loss.

I wanna hear about hotel info, locations meets, people that will be attending, I wanna see a list too. If it's $250 I'm down even now to go. Just need a date and time and of course a co-pilot chick for road head.

Unfortunately there MUST be some sort of legitimate attempt to control speeding...otherwise no hotel or any other sponsor will even think about gettign involved..after all they have to protect their image and last thing Hilton hotel wants is their hotel as the backdrop for a special on street racing. The whole idea of a rally is to enjoy the trip, so I'll more than likely have bunch of challenges that have nothing to do with cars. I'll get more specific details up here in about a week. As far as the entrant fee, it'll def be under $250. The way it works is I negotiate a set hotel price that usually requires upfront payment, so entrant fees usually get collected ahead of time. I don't take a cut or anything, we all pitch in evenly to cover the expenses and I usually keep all the bills handy for those that are less trusting. Depending on the final route I may work in a track night and/or car show event. So expect details in the next week or so, at which point I will need atleast 30 cars to signon so I can go negotiate a rate with the hotels. So go spread the word and check back frequently for updates.

GMalatrasi said:
no cause it's not who makes it there fastest... the secret time will obviously be a sensible time based on posted speed limits.

you could base the time on what google maps says it should take??

avarela86 said:
Stop wasting time and filling the thread with stupid ideas on how to control the "SPEEDING". Who cares, to each their own. If you get a ticket, hey guess what you got a ticket not anyone else. It's your own loss.

Yeah,you see the thing about this is ALL the people that end up participating in this event will be considered as A GROUP!

So,One person that does some stupid s*** will make everyone look like s***....And if john would like me to leave his thread alone then, all that has to be done is him asking me to leave...:)

Back