Miles Per tank

well if i fill up every day i could get as low as 15 miles.....

220-240. mine is low i have a short drive so car never gets out of warming up mode heat the cat mode.

thats actually the opposite of correct. as long as there are more hybrids and alt fuel vehicles being made and fuel economy keeps going up.. then the prices will rise. they will make the same amount of money on a barrel as they always have and will continue to make that amount. you cut the amount of barrels down that they export to america.. theyll charge more for em.

That's not quite how it's supposed to work in a free market economy. If there was a true monopoly then surely you would see it as you posted. However, our population is always growing, so even while things become more efficient, the increased number of total vehicles and gas engines in operation continue to see demand rise. Multiply this by china and india as emerging regions of usage and you can see why things are crazy now. Combine this with rampant speculation due to the falling dollar and you have a oil price "perfect storm"

The good news now, is continued increases in vehicle efficiency, combined with ever increasing oil production, are creating serious pressures for crude prices to finally begin to drop. This current situation is a bubble even more pronounced than the tech crash, the stock crashes, and the real estate bubbles. Rest assured, when late night tv is filled with commercials for "get rich quick on oil" ads, the end is near :)

My fuel stats for 79 days and 15 fill-ups, averaging 46 miles per day (50/50 driving).

Gallons filled:
Min: 11.22
Max: 13.058
Avg: 12.221

Miles per tank:
Min: 229
Max: 310
Avg: 260

For a total 171 gallons spending $645.50 (again, across 79 days).

I'm a happy camper, cause that sure as hell beats spending upwards of $800 a month just for diesel. :D

'07 w/17,000 miles
Mods: MS CAI, lighter wheels

70/30 highway to city
300-310 miles per tank
right around 12 gallons

I get around 280 miles on each tank, with filling it 11 to 12 gallons.

I tried the short shift, low RPM thing for a while and the car just HATED it.

So now I drive it like any of my other cars - if I need / want to go fast, I do, if not I drive it normally. Catch the occasional back road and hang her out to dry as "therapy" for both of us.

We're both happy. Cheers!

I'm getting around 18 Mpg on pure city "driving". I try to shift as early as possible, but will not compromise an adequate acceleration, and if I need power, I'll downshift and get it. Hoping to get a slight improvement as the engine breaks in.

but we need the national highway speeds to be lowered to 55 again. This s*** is getting way out of hand.

I disagree completely. A lot of people don't give a s*** about the speed limit, and if they do, it's because there are cops around. Lowering the speed limit would just give more revenue to police/state goverment. As a bonus, it would increase congestion. It's like if you had to pump x amount of water over a pipe and you decrease it's speed, that x amount will still need to get through, it will just take more time to do it, unless of course you put a wider pipe. If you build wider roads, congestion might not be a problem, but just lowering the speed limit and keeping the same roads will increase traffic density, which will cause accidents, which will cause bacups, which will cause cars to idle in a traffic jam, and voil, you've just spent more fuel while going slower.

i get about 300 miles average, 50/50 highway and city.. all highway i get around 340, all city i get between 240 and 280..i've filled up the car with 93 octane gas when the needle was on empty and it took me 13.1 gallons. pretty good for a turbo car if u ask me

Back