Might look into buying a Speed 6 with 68k for 16,400. Worth it?

desertmike680

:
06 MazdaSpeed 6
I havent seen the car in person yet, but I think its a pretty good price considering. What should I look for as far as maintenance or repairs goes at this amount of miles? Smoking turbo? Clutch slip? What would be the typical part that would need to be replaced? My old speed 6 had no issues up until 55k when I got rid of it, but I'm looking to get back into a speed 6.

Mike

I have my 07 speed6 sport with 48400 miles for sale for 16900, it's black mica, has new continental DWS all season performance tires and new rear pads and rotors. Runs great clean carfax great condition aside from 3 small dings and one hairline scratch on the trunk lid. I'm in Ohio so I don't know how far you're wanting to drive. Only selling it because I want a new mustang gt, and I don't want to trade it in for 14k it's completely stock and only mods u had was a Cobb SRI and a prosport boost gauge, pm me if you are interested,

I've seen plenty of posts about smoking turbos. I had one, too, even with driving it easy most of the time. The CV joints were going bad at a little over 61K. The rear end would clunk every now and again, as well. I don't know if the rear differential mounting bolts were shearing, though. The clutch was fine since I took it easy on the car.

Look for any proof of scheduled maintenance. If they don't have it, it ain't worth it IMHO. By all means, pay for someone to inspect the car. Make sure the owner didn't put in heavy oil to disguise turbo smoking. If it passes everything, it could be a good deal for you.

I just traded my 06 MS6 for a 2012 Mustang coupe two weeks ago. Considering what I would have needed to spend to get the MS6 up to snuff, I was happy with what they gave me.

I haven't had any issues with smoking turbo since I bought mine with 18500 2 years ago, always put 5w-30 full syn. Mobil 1. I think the smoking was specific to 06's. I would def. Get it inspected to ease your mind. I have had zero problems with my car and have been happy overall with it but it's time for me to get something I've really wanted which is the new 5.0 mustang. Steve would you say how much u got on trade and what year and miles and overall condition when it was traded. I can get a 12 gt base with only brembo pkg. And 3.73's for 31500 out the door. But they only offered 14k maybe 14500 on my trade which is in excellent overall condition aside from a couple small dings.

I traded my Speed 6 in for an 08 g37 coupe last December in which its fully loaded, but I'm not 100 percent into the car. The transmission and clutch engagement is ridiculously clunky, loud and sloppy. The car also suffers from throttle lag. When the car gets to normal operating temp, almost half of its power disappears. Infiniti has no resolutions on this. Hence, there isnt another car that I would really consider except for a speed 6 or an 08 STI. I honestly would only go with a turbo motor. However, would it be foolish for me to revert back to a speed 6 (I owned one for 3 years), or go for something else?

I would go a different direction for nothing other than going a different direction. I have an 06 and never had a smoking turbo or any other TSB's. I think this car is a great pick among AWD turbo 4 sedans. STI's and evo's just shout "look @ me, i'm COOOOL!!!". Not to mention they're smaller, more expensive insurance, (guessing) and worse gas mileage. (another thought from my buttocks).

If my car es-sploded 2moro, would i get another? Prolly not. They're getting long in the tooth and i'm not a fan of buying much of anything with 60 some k on it.

Thats my 2 pennys. hope it helps.

Im thinking about selling my MS6 not sure yet..
The market is all over on these cars.

I have seen them sell as low as 12k all the way up to 22k depending..

As much as I love my speed 6, I would sell it right now if I could get what I wanted for it. Love the turbo, but would like to go with a bigger NA engine, possible e36 or e46, then down the road invest in a supercharger... but I do love my speed 6 and continue to put my time, effort and money into it while it was the first car I really learned everything I know about cars with.

As much as I love my speed 6, I would sell it right now if I could get what I wanted for it. Love the turbo, but would like to go with a bigger NA engine, possible e36 or e46, then down the road invest in a supercharger... but I do love my speed 6 and continue to put my time, effort and money into it while it was the first car I really learned everything I know about cars with.

I love mine too but im looking at something that I can play with more...Im looking at getting a 97-96 Miata possibly for a toy car.. I dont know im all over the map.

I would sell my car with all the parts on it.. But I would not sell mine for less than 17.8k no way no how.. Got 41k on the odometer 06 Sport

I'm sorry, but I probably helped to drag down the market price for the MS6. Since I had bought mine at a credit union repo auction, I paid far less than anyone could have. Which means, I also sold it for far less than anyone should have.

It's hard to own a dead platform. Especially one that was only around for two years.

I love mine too but im looking at something that I can play with more...Im looking at getting a 97-96 Miata possibly for a toy car.. I dont know im all over the map.

I would sell my car with all the parts on it.. But I would not sell mine for less than 17.8k no way no how.. Got 41k on the odometer 06 Sport

mhmm I know what you mean. I would like a car that I can get a reliable 400-500whp daily driver, and with the speed 6 Its really not gonna be possible lol. I would love to build the car, since You can get about 400, but thats pushing the car to its limit and I would rather not risk it.

Eyedea, where in Vegas are you? I'm in Aliante and thinking about heading to Pahrump tomorrow to check out this Speed 6....in which I'm seriously thinking about buying, considering that I've only had my g37 for not even 7 months.

Back