Miata as my only car?

i use my miata as my daily driver, but driving on some of the highway roads can almost make me throw up because of my crummy factory dampening. i'm sure you won't experience that, but overall, with a little ingenuity, you can make it as daily of a driver grocery getter-er you want it to be.

My miata is my only drivable car. I've not done any major performance mods though so my reliability hasn't been compromised.

Daily driver here. Went camping this past weekend and fit 2 duffel bags, 2 sleeping bags, tent, flyfishing rods, case of beer, and a inflatable canoe.

On longer trips I can fit 2 large duffel bags, protege 5 rim w/tire (spare), and still have some space to jam a few odds and ends in there. If I'm by myself, I just use the entire trunk like its a suitcase and stack clothes, etc in there.

Well I have a 06 MX5 and have a 97 Escourt as a backup car that I bought for 1000. It can be difficult having only a miata to drive everyday cause sometimes you need to haul around people or cargo. Thats why I have a beater sedan, just incase I ever need more room or there are problems with the other car. Right now my 06 is in the shop for hail damage so Im glad I have the escourt as backup. Maybe if you were to just buy a cheap car or truck with alot of room just incase.

speedfreak86 said:
It can be difficult having only a miata to drive everyday cause sometimes you need to haul around people or cargo.

Actually, that's what I like about the Miata. If you need to haul people or cargo then someone else drives and the Miata stays clean in the garage :) Also, life is much simpler. Just take what you need and leave behind what isn't necessary.

MiaTurbo said:
My 91 is my only car. It actually started out as my second, as I was racking up too many miles on the Cadillac. Then as time went on, the Cadillac got driven less, and less. Soon I sold the Cadillac because I never drove it anymore!

The Miata is as versitile as you want it to be. I remember hauling around 4 servers, a firewall, and lots of cables, once. Also, once I hauled a sod roller! The top was down (duh) and it rested between the cockpit brace, and the rain rail.

When I move a few months ago, i borrowed my dad's CRV.
wow.. This was one of my first posts *sniff*

That '91 is now my track car. i also have a '94 and a '99 Ram. heh.. no more borrowing pop's CRV.

I've had my NA for about 3 months. Now that it has paint, wheels, and coilovers its atleast presentable. I'm 5'11, 210lb so I barely fit...but I'd drive my vw daily if it weren't such a broke down piece of s***. Anything more than groceries won't fit.

If you have a hard top, then you really don't have to worry too much about theft, aside from that I leave the doors unlocked so my top doesn't get cut.

I could easily daily an NC, but the NA is kinda taxing...the NB's feel smaller inside and I could not daily one.

I could easily daily mine. Of course, I have a 10 minute commute to work, garage at home and covered parking at work. Fairly low crime area. I could leave the top down virtually all the time.

I agree the NB feels significantly tighter inside to me. I'm 6 foot 195, working my way to 185. :)

SilverBulletES said:
I could easily daily mine. Of course, I have a 10 minute commute to work, garage at home and covered parking at work. Fairly low crime area. I could leave the top down virtually all the time. :)

Those are perfect Miata conditions.

APEXistud said:
He was just reminding me that the space in the Miata is little to none and small grocery trips start to become a hassle.
I disagree with this. Even with my wife along, I can fit an entire weeks worth ($75-$125) of groceries in the trunk of my NB with no problems... I do let the wife hold on the the bread though.

i use my miata too for going to college and for everyday use but sometimes i use my mom's '93 corolla for carrying big things or when i want to go to ayia napa.

My 06 miata is my first and only car and i get a long with it just fine.Since in still in high school i dont really need a car to carry a lot.But on occasion I have to make a grocery run and i can fit a decent amount in but lets just say the miata has had its decent share of passengers;)

Evern since i was 7 i've always wanted to drive my dads 95 mazda miata (manual). I've never though about any other car becuase this was the only car i though about. I basically grew up with this car. Now that i'm able to drive it,legally, i'm even more in love with it. Many of my friends say that the miata is an girly underpowered. a few laps later with them in it, they've shutten up by then. For an entire year i've been driving my mx-5 to school and every day i look forward to it. to me, there is nothing that comes close to a miata.

Back