Mental Addiction MSP dyno vid

I think balance was key with Rich's setup... there is no major restriction left to slow down, or hinder exhaust or intake gasses. the head and intake mani are the only possible restrictions left, but still noone has made a production intake mani yet.

RyanJayG said:
I think balance was key with Rich's setup... there is no major restriction left to slow down, or hinder exhaust or intake gasses. the head and intake mani are the only possible restrictions left, but still noone has made a production intake mani yet.

Definitely. While it can not be argued that the FSDE is fragile by nature. I think many Zoom Zoom Booms could have been avoided by ensuring that the cylinders get the proper mix of fuel and air and that the exhaust gases have as little resistance to flow as possible. The MSP (and all Pros for that matter) are capable of decent numbers. But owners have to take the time and planning to do it right or the bottom end letting loose is inevitable.

Now, while I personally believe the hand of god reached down and touched Rich's engine when it was made, his car is still the best example of a well planned build that I can think of. Well in terms of MSPs that is. The right amount of Money and MAM/Beau's help is a big factor too.

Sadly, it took me all too long to realize this. So, I now begin to work with Beau to play catch up to Rich. Hope it works too. Because if I blow this one, I'm gonna swap in a 1.6 DOHC instead. That'll be a lot of wasted money on this engine. lol.

Anyhow, I have to tell ya Beau. Rich was a great marketing decision. His car keeps putting down great numbers and he has been an immense help to me anytime I've needed him. I'm glad me and my baby are, slowly, becoming part of the MAM family.

You can def hear the difference in spool with the 3" downpipe! The turbo sounds so unrestricted compared to my stock spipe back exhaust.

Good job!

Loving the new video!

The 3" DP sounds like it is pulling sooo much air than the stock DP. Sounds absolutely wicked. It would be interesting to step the boost up a psi, or even down. Just to see with such an unrestricted engine how much psi actually counts for.

Couldn't a built block with that setup be in the 20+ psi range if you wanted it to be? I seem to remember seeing that somewhere in a MAM post.

Last edited:
vodapas77 said:
Definitely. While it can not be argued that the FSDE is fragile by nature. I think many Zoom Zoom Booms could have been avoided by ensuring that the cylinders get the proper mix of fuel and air and that the exhaust gases have as little resistance to flow as possible. The MSP (and all Pros for that matter) are capable of decent numbers. But owners have to take the time and planning to do it right or the bottom end letting loose is inevitable.

(mswerd)

Mental Addiction said:
Yes, I will be producing a sheet metal intake very very soon.

any expected eta? like 3 months soon

or like 1 month soon?

-Bryan

azian6er said:
any expected eta? like 3 months soon

or like 1 month soon?

-Bryan

Right now I'm building 600 engine mounts for another company. Once those are done then I'll get back on it(unless another Private Label Manufacture contacted job comes in). My guess I'll be back on it in 2-3 weeks. It will take 2-3 weeks to finish out the 2 protypes.

ok cool. just curious because there is another vendor who is selling an intake manifold, but i would rather prefer a sheet metal one if possible.

-B

Also, question on the dyno vid:

why are all runs done in third gear???
i thought 4th was closet to 1:1 on our cars?

all y dynos have been in 4th

-Bryan

Back