McCulloch Hids

SHAGwagn

:
'07 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Im inches from purchasing a kit from Ultrabrightlights.com. Just curious of people experience with this company, the quality of the McCulloch kit and your opinion on what tempreture to get 5300, 6000 or 8000. Any pics wud be appreciated. Thanks

Get closest to "stock" 5300. Some people have had problems, others have been nothing but a good experience.

Good luck
-fnny

I have a kit purchased with them. I ended up with a faulty ballast, but its being taken care of right now. The vendor is usually very quick to respond to emails and is replacing mine under warranty, minus shipping and handling costs. I love my kit, I bought a 5300K kit, and the light is pure white. No blue, and it is a little purplish when it is warming up. Uploaded a pic. There is a hot spot in the very middle as you can see, but overall the beam pattern is fantastic. I've seen much much worse. As long as you aim your headlights down the glare towards other drivers won't be bad.

Attachments

• imga0280.jpg
    imga0280.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 304
How different is the 5300 from stock? Cause stock P5 lights are pretty darn white to begin with.

zooooooooooooom

thanks for the pic any from the front looking at the car? ive seen a few and they look kinda green-yellow-white

I had the before on my MSP. I was using the 6000k. The kit was suppose to be plug and play but I ended up having to splice into the headlight harness to make them work.

I've been wrestling with the idea of buying my 3RD Ballast from Ultrabrights.

I'd find a phillips or Catz kit if I were to do it over again. So far, if I DO buy the ballast, I've spent over 400 on my McCulloch kit.

But what happens if THIS one dies too? Another 90 bucks? But if I don't buy the ballast, then I've got 330 dollars worth of crap under my hood. What to do...:(

I got a pic on one the few days they were working. They are 5300K
fb5523c3.jpg

Last edited:
I like the look of the 8000k personally. I've been looking around as well and the 8000 are what I like. It's all up to what you like.

TheJohnny said:
I like the look of the 8000k personally. I've been looking around as well and the 8000 are what I like. It's all up to what you like.

you'll end up loosing some light compare to 4300 temp. that's how i see it.

I have hella's kit.

I wouldnt even buy mcculloch's piece of crap hid kit, speaking from personal experience, one of my buddy got one, it took a massive drop on him after a year of driving. and he doesnt even drive much at all.

Hella,phillip>catz>mcculloch

not to be an ass or something, all speaking from experience.

I wouldnt invest in knock off brand that made in taiwan or korean.

I got my hella hid kit new for 400 and that's like more than a year ago.
installation is as simply as a-b-c

they can't legally post it online anymore after they freakin banned aftermarket hid for sale after august 03.

I picked up mine in local place in socal, if you from that area,i can direct you to that place.

Back