MazdaSpeed6 Clutch Burned Out

New flywheel $1000
New Spec Stage 3 Clutch $600
Labor $650
What its gonna cost spec if they dont warranty...Priceless.

Well after waiting for three days on MazdaUsa to get back to me...The guy basically told me I am SOL...I explain the TSB that I found and the numerous people that have had the same issue...And he said that it was my fault....Mazda is as good as garbage in my book...They dont stand behind there product and I am taking my car for a second evaluation today at an independent autoshop...I am also documenting all the stuff that is said to build my case that the car is flawed...I appreciate all the feedback...And hope that your Speed does well for you

the car isnt flawed its the driver haha... my dealership in shrewsbury mass would do the TSB for ya if u feel like driven to it. theyve done 3 last time i went up there and asked about them. i would spend that $2500 on a new setup instead of the stock clutch

Last edited:
I cant believe its the car with so many people having this problem. I mean driving a manual isnt rocket science! Many of us drive our cars hard daily without replacing a clutch in 60k miles. (I am not talking about constant high rpm launches) but seriously... I have owned probably 8 manuals from S4's mustangs, 300zx's, etc etc i have NEVER replaced a clutch/flywheel yet and im a frequent drag strip customer.

It sounds like to me, the clutch isnt fully engaging and is possibly slipping while normal driving. Any of you ever smell burning clutch after driving it?

Really? Hmmm, was that an '06 setting/issue? I can say my '07's point of engagement is (no joke) two inches at most from the floor board. I actually stalled it at the dealership when I test drover her ;- (

I done the same thing haha the salemen thought it was quite funny

I cant believe its the car with so many people having this problem. I mean driving a manual isnt rocket science! Many of us drive our cars hard daily without replacing a clutch in 60k miles. (I am not talking about constant high rpm launches) but seriously... I have owned probably 8 manuals from S4's mustangs, 300zx's, etc etc i have NEVER replaced a clutch/flywheel yet and im a frequent drag strip customer.

It sounds like to me, the clutch isnt fully engaging and is possibly slipping while normal driving. Any of you ever smell burning clutch after driving it?
never

You know i got to hand it to you killer your car must be blessed by God cuz nothing ever seems to be wrong with it. I bow to you sir.

Dude I had almost 29k on my stock clutch before I replaced it and I used to launch the s*** out of it.(drive2)

ive got 11,600 miles on my 06 stock clutch..probably the lowest miles out of everyone in here..but who knows. anyways its been to the track 3 times and has never slipped or smelled rlly bad. one day i got in 7 runs and didnt have a problem.

ive got 11,600 miles on my 06 stock clutch..probably the lowest miles out of everyone in here..but who knows. anyways its been to the track 3 times and has never slipped or smelled rlly bad. one day i got in 7 runs and didnt have a problem.

I had 14 runs in one night. It was a tuesday.(cheers)

pretty sure I would rather burn through a bunch of stock clutches then burn through a transmission. Odds are MS designed the clutch to fail before the tranny would in an attempt to keep the clutch as the "weak link" in the system. That way if you abuse the car, you just keep replacing the clutch. If you put a stronger aftermarket clutch in and have the same kind of fun, the tranny or other areas of the drivetrain may become the new "weakest link" and then you are talking serious repair money.

30K and no clutch probs...been to the track numerous times getting at least 4 runs a night. Guess I lucked out :p

Latest posts

Back