Mazdaspeed3 Insurance

NoelSmart

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Cosmic Blue
How much a month do you pay for your Mazdaspeed3 insurance? I've got my deposit down at the dealership for my Mazdaspeed3 that is set to arrive next week. I called my insurance company and the quote they gave me is absurdly high. It is more than it was on my last car which was a BMW...

im paying the same as when I had my p5 and my dakota.

p5 -650 ish for 6 months full coverage.

dakota - 600 ish 6 months full

speed 3 620 ish """

The quote for insurance on the MS3 was 400 more than my Protege 5 for 6 months.

I calculated it out and I could be driving a new BMW 3 series for about the same price as the Speed3 per month. The car payment is higher on the BMW but the insurance is lower. I'll let you guys know if I get my deposit back on the Speed3 and don't get it. I'm sure there is someone on this forum that would want to snatch it up. The BMW is way nicer, will outhandle the Speed3 all day, but is almost half a second slower 0-60. I've got a tough decision on my hands...

I feel very good about my insurance now after seeing these numbers. I pay $650 a YEAR for full coverage insurance on my MS3!

u guys are forgetting the key factors in this are different for everyone... age, driving record, occupation/income, location, etc...

some states have much higher insurance than others (PA is one of the highest)

that being said, in DE, my insurance is ~$125/month along with my renters insurance, which actually comes out less than my 2000 protege cost me in PA. My ins. company doesnt even have the speed3 (or the speed6) on their books, so im taking the rate of a fully loaded 3.

NoelSmart said:
I calculated it out and I could be driving a new BMW 3 series for about the same price as the Speed3 per month. The car payment is higher on the BMW but the insurance is lower. I'll let you guys know if I get my deposit back on the Speed3 and don't get it. I'm sure there is someone on this forum that would want to snatch it up. The BMW is way nicer, will outhandle the Speed3 all day, but is almost half a second slower 0-60. I've got a tough decision on my hands...

The new 3 series is also ugly, overpriced and everybody and their auntie has one. Still if it's a 330, can't argue with the motor and the driving dynamics are still cream of the crop.

jbiird317 said:
u guys are forgetting the key factors in this are different for everyone... age, driving record, occupation/income, location, etc...

some states have much higher insurance than others (PA is one of the highest)

that being said, in DE, my insurance is ~$125/month along with my renters insurance, which actually comes out less than my 2000 protege cost me in PA. My ins. company doesnt even have the speed3 (or the speed6) on their books, so im taking the rate of a fully loaded 3.

I've never heard of an insurance company using occupation and income as a factor. In fact, I have never been asked by an insurance compnay what my occupation and income are. I guess I learn something new all the time!

They do use credit score and age/gender is a huge factor in Wisconsin. My rate got cut in half when I turned 25.

I guess it is just interesting to see what others pay in different parts of the country. It isn' texact but it gives you a good idea of what living there might cost you.

Last edited:
I pay $300 every 6 months in NJ though geico which is 100 less than I was paying for my 2004 3s. This is full coverage including mechanical failure up to 7 years and 100,000miles. Don't forget NJ has the highest insurance prices in the country. Geico its so easy a caveman can do it.

I pay ~$2800 a year for my RX-8 + MS3 + $75k of renters insurance coverage. And this is in Boston, MA which definitely has some of the highest rates in the country (might argue the most). This is with Amica.

I pay 268 a MONTH through geiko for my Speed3 Sport (shocked) , full coverage state minimum! lol Cheaper than anything I was looking at........WRX = 305 GTI = 340, Ill just say my record might not be the greatest.....BUT ATLEAST NO ACCIDENTS WERE MY FAULT!!!!

Latest posts

Back