Mazdaspeed Protege + Long distance driving = teh suck

I have been on countless road trips in my car and I dont mind it. I drive up to my moms house in Michigan about once a month during the warm months, each trip is between 7-8 hours. Chicago is about 5-6 hours, Pittsburgh 5 hours, florida 12, atlanta 8, cleveland, 4...ect.......... I do a lot of driving and I dont find it to be to bad, except when stuck in really bad traffic jams for hours with a stage 3 clutch and F/R motor mounts hahaha. I have 66k on my car and all of those miles have been well enjoyed...

funny how some hate the seats. I love them. Had to take my fathers car for a long trip last weekend. It was a 2004 ACcord coupe v6, loaded, ground effects...auto :(

Anyways, I spend the entire time playing with the damn power seats, and I could never find a spot where my back didn't hurt.

I had my woman follow me out in my car, and I drove the MSP back. IT was like relief getting into that car. We both like the seats in it better

Seats are personal pref thing depending on your build I guess. Personally, I had my neck broken years ago, and my back f'd up. I find it very hard to find car that doesn't hurt my back. MY 2000 Civic used to kill me in long rides.

FSDET said:
66k ? WOW. i think u have the most miles on a msp

ah i dont know...i have only had mine for a year and a half, im sure there are people who got them when they first came out that have more ...or at least i hope they do haha

MSPRO said:
ah i dont know...i have only had mine for a year and a half, im sure there are people who got them when they first came out that have more ...or at least i hope they do haha
i ment 2003.5

Please.

Try a long trip in this. You will be hurting for a week.

My car is not that comfey.
IMGP0483.jpg

IMGP0479.jpg

did a trip to wvu (morgantown,wv) from virginia, about a 5 hour drive, not bad got there in 4 ;)

65racecoupe said:
Please.

Try a long trip in this. You will be hurting for a week.

My car is not that comfey.
IMGP0483.jpg

IMGP0479.jpg

that is a sweet ass car man, very clean on the inside
I would change the outside a bit, but that is just my opinion. But nice work.

I have most of you beat, but it looks like a couple of you guys have a leg up on me.

2,200 miles round trip in a space of 4 days.

1,100 miles from here to Montana and then back again. Leave on Thursday night get home on Monday Morning.

All driving non-stop (just for gas) and food on the return trip home. 16 hours out there and 14 hours on the way home (uhmm, the Mazdaspeed goes fast)

And we were comfortable the whole way, even with droning ION exhaust the whole time.

EDIT: and I have made countless trips between so-cal and nor-cal between here and San Diego, Here and LA and all the while it's fine :D I love my Mazdaspeed.

Last edited:
I drive from St. Louis to Chicago and back twice a month which is about 300 miles each way. It's about 5 hours and it sucks pretty bad. Like others have said, take your wallet out. I take everything out of my pockets. I also take my shoes off but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

I do find it to be pretty uncomfortable anyway. The worst part about it is, I put 40,000 miles on my car in a year.

LOL the msp is fine i drove from florida to indianapolis almost 16 to 18 hours with nonstop only in the rest areas once in a kia sephia and i feel like damn i need something better, i also drive 4 hours in the msp and i feel fine and its confortable .

Back