MazdaSpeed CAI

2004-MS3

Hey guys,
I am thinking about getting the MazdaSpeed CAI for my 04 2.3L Mazda3. Have any of you guys ever usd it?? I was wondering if you guys think it is worth the extra money over the other brands like Injen. I also want one that will not be throwing CELs all the time. Granted im not under factory warranty anymore so im not looking to get it because it is a Mazda part.I have read that the MazdaSpeed CAI gives about 10-15hp gain and adds a nice sound. Let me know what you guys think,

Thx

I was also thinking of putting a MazdasSpeed3 exhaust on my 2.3L Mazda 3. Anyone know if the exhaust off on 08 MS3 will fit on an 04 Mz3?

the injen CAI gives more go, is easy as hell to install and is a lot cheaper. sounds mean too. as far as exhaust goes, i went with vibrant parts and am having a shop weld it all together with 2.5" piping from the flex pipe back. should sound awesome, and cost me $470 total. i just dont like the speed parts because they are overpriced and they do not give as much hp as other aftermarkets do. and i have no CELs with the injen CAI and ive had it for almost 5k miles now.

Injen, AEM or the Mazdaspeed wont throw CEL's. There is a guy on here named Emilian, he has a fairly built Mazda3 2.3L. He would be a good person to talk to. Also, the MS3 CBE does fit the standard 3.

i don't think they make the mazdaspeed version of the intakes anymore (they were just rebadged aem iirc anyways) so i would just go with one of those or the Fugita or F2 as long as you don't ahve a 3" pipe you should be fine.

i don't think they make the mazdaspeed version of the intakes anymore (they were just rebadged aem iirc anyways) so i would just go with one of those or the Fugita or F2 as long as you don't ahve a 3" pipe you should be fine.

The Mazdaspeed unit has an alluminum shield to protect it from water (and check engine lights), the AEM unit does not. I have had both on my car, the Mazdaspeed unit is much better. It may be made by AEM, but it is not the same as the one sold by AEM.

I hate to be the pessimist here, but I don't think that you will net 15hp from ANY cai on a 2.3n/a motor.

Latest posts

Back