MazdaSpeed B-Spec. Low Temp thermostat installed!

TheMAN said:
it is stupid to run the car without a thermostat... your engine will be overcooled leading to less efficiency and increased wear, or the other possibility is it won't get cooled well enough because the coolant flows too fast in the system for it to have time to heat exchange at the radiator and heater core

Old muscle car V8's loved it removed. By Bp motor from Mazda loved it removed as well. I had a lot of engine work done to it. The motor kept over heating until I removed it.... And some instantes its not stupid.... Nascar and speed challenge cars do not use them...... But it maybe more practical in everyday driving cars...

PM sent to TheMAN about this thermostat.

hmm..interested..does this mean the fans will be running more? i live in miami so it gets like a mf down here...need some more info before i go spend 150$ on this though...so its a complete replacement for stock thermostat huh? whats wrong with stock one again??...

subbin..cuz i'm interested..how hard is it to pull out of the engine and re-install one..? and where's it located?PICS

MyOrangeToy said:
Who is ken? I m lookin for one fast

Ken is at protegegarage.com Go to the website and there is a phone number right on the main page. Call it and ask for Ken.

Since it's now winter, I was wondering if there were any updates on the pros/cons to using the low-temp thermostat in colder weather. I'm picking one up in January and I would like to know what to expect. I don't live in ultra-cold weather but it still gets down to the teens and twenties at night around here.

Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back