MazdaSpeed 3 TCS/DSC COMPLETELY off.... possibly....

Good questions cosmic for sure.....I dont have the answers But I honetly dont feel like im going any faster when i turned dsc off. but thats my point of view in my car. Another thing is...You already got gobs of power to the front wheels as it is...more power in 1st and 2nd I think will result in tire spins unless you got some super sticky tires-slicks...A relatively lightweight platform with fwd and that much torque doesnt do it any good if your tires are spinning. Why mazda didnt make the 2010 ms3 awd OR use Ford's revoknuckle fwd system they use in the new focus rs racer in europe is beyond me..other than ofcourse costs....But you could go test it out on your own on some closed off roads ;) and see if theres a difference.

well with on it bogs down and dose not offer boost if you get any wheel spin. with turboed cars and some other cars at drag strip a little bit of spinning is alright. oviously too much and you go nowhere but with the righ amount of spinn you can get into boost a lil sooner. i like to turn off as stated in this thread when i go to the strip. if you go to the strip all i can say is try all ways try to over accel and see what gdose on each setting and see what happens. do you still have your old tires on. perfect way to get rid of them before the new tires come in...

Just got back from Buttonwillow from a track day and I decided to give this mod a try. Ran Course #13 in the clockwise configuration:
race_13_config.gif

I ran 5 sessions with DSC Off, just manually switching it off so my dash looked like this:
cimg0028y.jpg

My best time during those 5 sessions was 2:22 and i ran that time on 4 laps over those 5 sessions.

For my very last session (6th session) of the day, I decided to try this mod to see if I felt anything different in the way the car felt. I turned the car off, then held the DSC button while turning the car on. My dash ended up looking like this when I ran:
cimg0030j.jpg

So my best lap of that 6th session was. . . 2:22 and the car felt no different than it did in any prior sessions with just the "DSC OFF" indicator on. I'll try experimenting with it again next track day. And as stated before, ABS is not affected with this "mod".

i tried doing this trick on my 2010 mazda3s but nothing seems to make the "car out of control" light to stay lit up, i heard somewhere that the 2010 model is either on or off, and they took off the mid off stuff. i dont know if this is true or not, can anyone confirm?

Back