sport
automatic
20,000 miles on "her"
8.8% (?)
$13975 before tax etc... & after $2000 trade-in on '02 focus wagon
so far really psyched, way more car than our focus was

Picked ours up on Friday.
2010 Stormy Blue Mica Grand Touring no options
Had agreed on $21,250 for a cash sale but wound up doing $21,750 and the 0.0APR. However it appears I was also given the $500 cash back and had it applied to my down payment so bottom line was the same. $347 for title, reg and fees. Gotta love Oregon.

Loving it so far, took the kid to the zoo and then picked up a huge bookcase from IKEA that I had been waiting several months for.

I spent the weekend trying to shave off $250-500 on a Sport w/auto and popular equipment package and 2 dealers mentioned incentives for current Honda, Nissan and Toyota owners, which did me no good. Could have been a regional only deal, but they said it only required registration in my name, no trade-in. It certainly wasn't advertised and only came up when I said I was still on the fence. While I wasn't interested in that I was interested in the 0.0% + $500 but as soon as that came up the price magically went up $500-$1000.

Wait, so there's a 0.0% + $500 Loyalty incentive plus a $500 competitive incentive also?

Wait, so there's a 0.0% + $500 Loyalty incentive plus a $500 competitive incentive also?
The competitive incentive may have only been at the end of January, I don't know, it wasn't something I qualified for. I was told by one dealer that February's factory incentives remained the same, so since this was generally unadvertised it may still be there.

The loyalty bonus is aside from the special financing from what I could gather, again it was not something I qualified for and I'm not sure if it is still on the table, but I do believe this one was advertised on Mazda's webpage.

I was told that the special financing was in lieu of a $1000 factory to dealer incentive, so it was originally supposed to wind up $500 higher out the door if I took the financing. From my rough calculations with conservative investments and moderate taxes, the financing actually is a little better deal. Somehow I wound up getting the deal where the financing +$500 matched the cash price. I'm not sure if this was my misunderstanding or a dealer error, but your mileage will vary on this one.

On top of all that there may be another $1000-1500 in unadvertised factory to dealer incentives as the high volume dealerships here are all advertising well under invoice. There are something like 6 - 8 Mazda dealerships in the Portland metro area so getting a good price is not very difficult if you aren't married to one dealership.

Most states do when you register. I bought a car in MI, paid the MI tax when I bought it, then when I registered I had to pay the difference in sales tax (OH is more expensive).

Not fun....but theyll get ya if you dont pay ;-)

2010 Mazda5 Sport - Automatic with Popular Package - Red / Copper Mica
20K out the door - included tax 9.75% (dang you California) title/dmv fees

i thought i did well.

How about 18,200 + taxes etc. for a 2009 Touring with Cargo cover, cargo net, mats, all weather mats, wheel locks, bumper guard , mp3 cable and a mazda bear for my 3 year old daughter. Brand new leftover with 200 mi on it. Is that a good deal?

Bought our 09 Touring back in Sept.09 with all weather and regular mats, mag locks, price out the door was $20,500. Unfortunately, timing was an issue as when i was finally ready to buy, the cash for clunker program had reduced the mazda5 supply to a few Sports and not much else. I was really after a Touring. My bargaining power was reduced to nil......had my heart set on a white one, but the only Touring we could find was a silver and we snatched it up. Great car, great experience with the dealer(shocking, i know)!!

Sounds like Gooberdog got the best deal so far. My Deal...

Year: 2010
Trim: GT in Black
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: DVD, All-Wx Floor Mats, Interior Cargo Cover, Compass/Auto Dim Mirror
Sale Tax Rate: CA, whatever the % is???
Price paid for Mazda5: $23,118 (before tax, title, fees)

Delivery is expected to be in May, so I'll know the final cost then. I'm expecting the gross total to be around $26,000 with tax, title, fees, and estimated-accrued APR interest. WOW! I'm hoping CA will waive my tax, like they did with my MS3. I think that'll save me almost $2k.

Hello!

New here, nice place. Love my new 5.

2010 Sport Auto, Popular Package, wheels locks, luggage cover.

$20.4K OTD w/0%--$2K for TT&L, ain't CA grand?

2009 Mazda 5 w/ 5 miles on it.
Touring package(not Grand Touring), i had the leather seats installed as a dealer option(learned that from my friend). Free Sirius satelite radio subscription for 7 months.
Purchased at Sport Mazda in Orlando, Florida.
21,000 out the door. 5%apr.

Dealers are still REALLY hungry

Just bought my second M5, paid C$17.4k cash for a '08 GT AT, 29000 km on it. Dealer in Edmonton had taken the car on trade, had it for 2 months - they had first listed it in early January for C$22k plus taxes. Closed the deal 2hours before his month-end.

Now I have to part with the '07 M5 MT. (sad1)

2007 Mazda5 Touring Auto-Trans

Year: 2007
Trim: Touring
Any extra accessories: Aftermarket overhead DVD and heated seats, tinted windows
Sale Tax Rate: % 6.75
Price you paid for your Mazda5: $12,790 before tax, title and license.
$15,100 out the door with overhead DVD system and aftermarket heated seats installed.
Still under warranty.

Last edited:
Year: 2007
Trim:Sports
Any extra accessories:n/a
Sale Tax Rate: %9.25
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees):11,748

Price paid

2010 Mazda 5 Sport, Galaxy Gray Mica
Manual Transmission, All Weather Mats, Bumper Guard
Albany, New York