Trim:
Touring

Tranny:
Auto

Any extra accessories:
Bluetooth

Sale Tax Rate:
%0

Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees)
$21628 cash, after a whole day of haggling on a Sunday evening at the end of a month.

Year: 2014; Location: Cary, NC; Trim: GT; Tranny: Auto; Any extra accessories: No
Price: 24,387; Sales tax: 677; Total: 25,064 w/ 0% financing for 60 months

I had to let my 2001 Tribute go :-(

2012 touring
12k miles
came with roof racks
listed at 15900 we lowered it to 15500, 16500 after all the fees plus delivery to our house (we live 5 hours away)

Year:

Trim:
Touring

Any extra accessories:
Rear bumper guard

Sale Tax Rate:
0%

$21,490

New 2014 Grand Touring.
Purchased in Winston-Salem, NC.
Included wheel locks.
Price paid: $20,900 + 3% tax, title, insp, reg, doc fees = $22,200 cash OTD.

Nuts. I should've looked at this thread before my wife and I bought ours on May 10. I thought I was getting a good deal based on what I saw on kbb.com and Edmunds.com. We would've preferred a 2013 in Clear Water Blue. Deep Crystal Blue Mica isn't that bad, though.

2014 MAZDA5 Grand Touring (we both would prefer the 6MT, but not without the features the Grand Touring trim has)

Galpin Santa Clarita (I live in Monterey Park though so I get to pay 9% sales tax. Yay!)

Port-installed accessories: Rear bumper guard and wheel locks

$23,100 (including destination)
$25,554.95 OTD

Last edited:

2012 Mazda 5 Sport in Silver Metallic, 14,800 miles.

Originally listed at $18,995, worked the guy down to $15,150 completely over e-mail, probably could have gone under $15,000 but it was getting tough the last couple of hundred dollars.

$15,150 + 8% OC tax + Transfer ($80) + Doc Fee ($52) = $16,494 OTD

I am trying to get a 2014 Mazda 5 Sport in 6MT. Got a quote from dealer $17500 before tax and tag, any thoughts?

Just joined the forum to post our specs:

Year: 2014
Trim: Grand Touring
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: Nope. Just red.
Sale Tax Rate: Kinda high (I forget exactly for TN, see below).
  • Base price: $22,800
  • Dealer Fee: $499
  • Taxes, Title, License: $1,808
  • Total, Out-The-Door price (cash): $25,107

Looks like some other folks on this forum got some exceptionally good deals. Wow. Remind me never to haggle with you!

Sport
Auto
24,000 on odo
Clean title

Purchased on 12/20/2013 $10,500 plus shipping $1,000 plus title $1,100 = $12,600 total

2014 Grand Touring
Color: Deep Crystal Blue Mica
With Cargo Net and Wheel Locks
$23,972
Less $2,500 net trade allowance
6% tax on $9,472- $568.32
Lien Fee/Registration/Title- $67.00

Tax and Fees are PA rates

$22,357.32 OTD, financed at 0%

Lowest I could find is $21.9k plus ttl for the 2014 Mazda5 GT in LA. Might need to sharpen my negotiating skills.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Went to see a Touring, the dealer would not go lower than $19.6k +ttl ($21.6k otd) .tried to get him to go down to $19.4,no go.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Should've had you buy my van for me in May! :( :p
What interest rate did you get? Mazda offers either $1500 or 0% for new for the Mazda5 both last month and this month. With good credit, the $1500 would be a better deal as the dealer offered me 1.85% for 60 mo. Even if you don't want to negotiate, next time go into mazdas website and check inventory and request price quotes from all dealers in LA. Then take the lowest one to your local dealer and they should match or come close. That alone should get you about that price. You can pit the dealers against each other for a better price too.

Don't come in empty handed and ask for $21.9k,they probably won't match or come even close. I pretended to be stupid at first, they wanted to sell me the car at msrp. Then I mentioned the $1500 cash they would basically give me just that. I pulled the quote I got and they came pretty close to matching.

Btw, cpo can go as low as 0.9% for 36mo, higher if longer terms.

Last edited:
For those in LA that don't want to haggle or do research , go to truecar, they are currently showing the Mazda5 at $17.4,19.5,and 21.8 plus ttl for the sport,Touring, and grand Touring, respectively. Not the lowest prices out there for sure, but looks to be lower than what some of you are seeing

zavypu3e.jpg

3ahe3ydy.jpg

edyherud.jpg

Last edited:
I needed to replace my beloved 1991 Toyota Corolla wagon, which I bought used in 1999. It still ran great and pretty much everything worked, but the rust had gotten out of hand. My mechanic has bent over backwards to get it to pass inspection the last couple of years, despite the holes in the wheel wells. Last year he told me that he didn't think it would pass next time, because the rust was attacking the seat belt mounts.

I didn't do anything until the spring of this year, but I knew the time had come to start looking for a replacement. If Toyota still made a Corolla wagon, that would obviously have been my first choice. But they don't. I naturally considered a RAV4, but was shocked to discover that it was automatic only. I thought about some other small SUVs such as the Nissan Rogue and the Honda CR-V, but they are also only available with automatic transmissions. I was also thinking about a Subaru Outback, but my mechanic wasn't very impressed with them.

I had only ever bought used cars in the past, so I expected to do that again this time. But since my last car purchase was 15 years ago, I had built up my savings account to the point where a new car was a possibility. I wasn't looking forward to the search, though. I figured that I would have to spend time looking at a number of different cars and figure out what I wanted.

On Friday, June 27, I left work and after stopping at the bank, I went to a gas station and filled the tank on my Toyota. I also bought an issue of Consumer Reports that rated new cars, and one of those "car trader" magazines. It was time to get serious and get busy.

I looked at the magazines over the weekend and noted that the Mazda 5 got very high ratings from Consumer Reports. On Sunday I looked at the Mazda website and found a dealer in my area. They had 10 on the lot and one of them had a manual transmission. It had a sticker price of $20,990 and it was on sale for $18,102. I decided to go take a look at it after work on Monday.

I went to the dealership and while I was in the showroom, I first looked at a CX-5. I thought it was better looking than the 5 and also got better gas mileage. But I needed a cargo bed that was flush with the rear bumper so it can be loaded with ramps, and the CX-5 had about a two-inch "lip" at the hatch opening, which disqualified it. I then looked at the 5 and measured the cargo opening. It looked good. I went for a test drive and liked it. I remembered a friend telling me that the best time to buy is at the end of the quarter, because dealers are anxious to clear out inventory. The date was June 30.

I went back to the dealership and signed the papers right then and there. The next day I went to the bank, got a cashier's check, took it to the dealer, and drove home.

The Mazda 5 was the first and only car I looked at. It was the first new car I've ever bought and it was the first time I've ever bought from a dealer. My previous purchases were always used cars from their owners.

I was expecting a long and arduous search, and it was over as soon as it began. I'm still kind of amazed how everything fell into place like that. From reading this thread, I can see that some people were able to get a lower price than I did, but not by much, so I'm pretty satisfied overall.

Just an FYI, there are some VERY good deals on 5's out there right now as they are slow sellers.

I lined all my ducks up in a row and went to a local dealership at the end of the week, towards the end of the day (when salesmen are eager to close a deal quicker) AND at the end of the month (when salesmen are eager to squeeze one more deal in to hit their quota or just have one more sale for the month even if the profit isn't much.

That strategy combined with a TrueCar report and the willingness to say I'll walk away and mean it got me an incredible deal. I got a 2014 Sport 6 speed manual for $16,669 before taxes, tags and fees. It came out to nearly $3000 under invoice. The best I've ever done on any car. It did take some aggressive haggling, but I got it done. All said and done, I put $5k down, got $5k for my trade-in (KBB value, so I'm happy) and borrowed about $9K at 5.75% interest. With the interest,sales tax, destination charge, tags, everthing, it came out to around $19,800 out the door. I'm VERY happy considering the window sticker said $23k haha.

Really an incredible deal and I lucked out because I got one of only three manual transmission 5's that were available within 500+ miles of my area (south Florida)

I've heard rumors than the 5 isn't returning to the U.S. (or maybe anywhere) for 2015 so I'm glad I was able to get one while I had the chance. (2thumbs)

I was going to get a CX5 but after multiple test drives, I kept coming back to the 5. It's just much, much more fun to drive than the CX and the CX was pretty gutless with the 2.0 Skyactiv motor, even with a manual transmission. I also found the ergonomics of the 5 suited me far better. I found myself comfortable right away, whereas in the CX5 I kept adjusting steering wheel, seat etc and couldn't get things quite right. I also found the clutch too deep. Very nice little truck, but I enjoy driving too much to put up with that much understeer and the wimpy torque.

Anyway, I LOVE my 5 and I'm happy to be a part of this small but exclusive club.

Back