Mazda3 saved lives

mntbiker2008

:
Mazda3 i touring
Saw these pics on another forum. These people are lucky. This just proves how safe Mazda's are. Everyone got out unscathed.

HPIM1628.jpg

HPIM1629.jpg

HPIM1630.jpg

HPIM1631.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you're right, but I'm wondering why a mazda3 sits flipped on the side of the road in what appears to be a single-vehicle accident. The safest accident is the one you avoid.

Animal maybe? Long stretches of road like that are notorious for inviting deer, elk, and other such beasties to cross, almost invariably in front of a moving vehicle.

sorry guys. I just got with the guy that posted those photos. He said a few mins. before that those people went flying past them at around 95-100 mph.

keep the speeding to the track people.

Daaaaaamn. I'd pay to see a video of what actually went down, but I think you're right, this could well have been fatal. Mazda's doing something right in the safety design, surely.

It's weird how the majority of the damage pictured appears to be at the front and back; do you think it flipped end over end, like a forward cartwheel? I could see that ripping out an engine for sure...

Last edited:
Yeah, those people definitely got luck for sure!
Chromal, I am not sure, at first I thought they may have hit some of the cable barriers (around Cincinnati, we have these steel cables (about 4ft high or so) that stretch down the median to keep cars from crossing lanes and hitting head on. I have seen cars flip just because they started sliding sideways and hit a rut and toppled over numerous times) but I do not see the cables here. I would be interested to find out what happened as well. I am glad I bought a Mazda though!

Jeez, I woulda never guessed that was a 3! I wonder how crushed the roof line is?! I think that the side curtain airbags can be seen in the back seat and I'd bet they were all wearing seatbelts

Back