Mazda3 electrical problems: a/c, dash lights... please help!

chrismcondon

:
Mazda 3 2005
Hi all,

I have a 2005 Mazda 3 with about 120,000 miles and no previous problems. Recently, a number of electrical problems happened all at once, which made me think it was a blown fuse.

-The A/C no longer blows cool air.
-the turn signals and hazard signals do not register on the dashboard (although the turn signal lights on the outside of the car do work)
-the seatbelt light on dashboard is permanently on
-the emergency brake light on dashboard is permanently on
-the seatbelt alarm chime no longer works

Like I said, all of this stopped working at once. I checked all the fuses under the passenger side glove compartment, and they are all ok. Goodyear car repair shop currently has the car and is in the process of diagnostic tests, but they have called back a few times to tell me they still have not found the cause of the problems and will need to charge me more money for further tests..

Does anyone know what might be the cause of these problems? Has anyone run into a similar situation with their Mazda 3?

Many thanks!
Chris

I'm betting a bad ground connection in the dash module wiring. Did you add something new to the car or had other service work done. There is also a fuse block under the hood and the AC fuses are located there.

I would venture a guess that all of these circuits are bundled together into the same harness and if you follow the wiring harness you'll see something physically wrong like broken or chaffed wires rubbing on some other metal, maybe a connector popped out of place and needs to be reseated. If the seat belt light and emergency brake light are ALWAYS on then something is keeping those circuits closed, first step is to physically check all the wiring behind the dash and steering wheel, could very well be a bad ground connection like Jamis said, I used to work on Canon and Sharp copiers and fax machines, you wouldn't believe that a bad chassis grounding strap could make motors stop working, lol.

Latest posts

Back