Mazda Protege5 Turbo kit

Anyone know where I could purchase a protege5 turbo kit where the vendor actually has it in stock? I purchased one from Tbk performance and I'm still waiting for it. Been over 5 weeks I'm about to ask for my money back. Any help would be most appreciative.

Check with ken from protegegarage, might be a wait...Or look through the F/S threads, I think theres a mazdaspeed turbo still hanging around someones sellin, ill take a look

k, I just called protegegarage and he told me that they don't actually stock it. That it has to be made and it takes 1-2months, so that basically answers my question about why im waiting so long. But 5 months. damn.

funny that you posted this because i was about to ask the same thing...and btw since were on the subject and so i dont have to switch to another group....woulld 6psi be good enough for a daily driver with stock internals (dont plant to push it much just freeway stuff) and also the same with the tranny would it be fine? and one last one i kno its really stupid but how much mpg do you think i would be getting with a turbo (sounds stupid since performance and economical dont run hand n hand).

Thanks

funny that you posted this because i was about to ask the same thing...and btw since were on the subject and so i dont have to switch to another group....woulld 6psi be good enough for a daily driver with stock internals (dont plant to push it much just freeway stuff) and also the same with the tranny would it be fine? and one last one i kno its really stupid but how much mpg do you think i would be getting with a turbo (sounds stupid since performance and economical dont run hand n hand).

Thanks

6 is perfect, 8 is that max i think you want to go without getting forged or upgrading stock internals

6 is perfect, 8 is that max i think you want to go without getting forged or upgrading stock internals

As far as MPG, it all depends on your driving habits, I dont think youjll see much of a dif. but with a turbo your going to want to romp on it once in awhile

hahah ya id imagine so, but im having a baby soon so dont think i romp it too much...just need that oomph to switch lanes on the freeway....this car lack power like crazy its dangerous tryna switch lanes in busy CA freeways....Thanks!

hahah ya id imagine so, but im having a baby soon so dont think i romp it too much...just need that oomph to switch lanes on the freeway....this car lack power like crazy its dangerous tryna switch lanes in busy CA freeways....Thanks!

I live in cali so i know all about them hehe, on friday evening the I-15 to san diego turns into the I-15 speedway hehe

haha ya i live right off the 15...really tho id have to say the worsest one of them all is the 91 damn when i go up to like long beach and then head back here damn man i get stuck for hours

If you can get your hands on a complete hiboost kit, keep it at 6-7 psi and you should be golden. Bazookajoe's been running a low boost kit on an AUTO for afew years w/o a hitch. It should provide you with about 100hp i believe. Maybe a little less. With the boost staying low.

100whp? thats crazy I`d imagine it would be something like 160whp, you sure thats right? because ive seen some dynos with people with cai and they dyno at 108whp.

That's an additional 100whp. Probably less with low boost. I am not boosted and am shooting from the hip from what I have been reading.

That's an additional 100whp. Probably less with low boost. I am not boosted and am shooting from the hip from what I have been reading.

Your right, its 100 HP give or take...you should end up with 160-170 at the wheels

Back