Mazda Protege Owner Photos

not crazy about the gold + titanium gray combo... looks a little clashy to me

resprayed my trunk!

trunk4.jpg

trunk3.jpg

trunk5.jpg

thanks! i know hah.
the aim was to make it look better than before,
so i did my best to putty up imperfections, 2 coats of prime and 3 coats of spraypaint.
then topped it off with 3 coats clearcoat.
still needs to be buffed. it looks kind of dull for now but it will be complete this week.

dont think it was too bad for only costing 15$.

but it will be done by a shop when i get the car resprayed completely, so i was fearless

thanks! i know hah.
the aim was to make it look better than before,
so i did my best to putty up imperfections, 2 coats of prime and 3 coats of spraypaint.
then topped it off with 3 coats clearcoat.
still needs to be buffed. it looks kind of dull for now but it will be complete this week.

dont think it was too bad for only costing 15$.

but it will be done by a shop when i get the car resprayed completely, so i was fearless

makes sense. no need to paint it at a shop if ur gonna respray the whole car anyway

heres what it looked like before,

i know its hdr, i didn't intend for it to be a "before" pic,

but you can really see how bad the paint was because its hdr.

HDR1-1.jpg

it look right, plus laser and velocity are mica so you're looking at 3k+

Called the guy today. He said he could do it for ~$1600. (Sanding/Painting, inc. jambs and everything)

He's never advertised once, and he's been doing this for 25 years. That's pretty impressive.

Look at his work first, that seems too good to be true.

I got the referral from a coworker who had her jeep sprayed a classic Dodge (?) purple color for 1K. The paint looks fantastic. I'll try and snap some shots sometime. If he's being spraying for 25 years w/o advertisement, his work must be good to continue getting referrals over and over again. He has a primary/'real' job, this is just something he does on the side. I told him the mica paint is similar to metallic. I hope that's true, if not at least pricewise. He had never heard of it - unsurprising since it's sort of a mazda thing from what I've seen.

well the paint isnt expensive, its the labor that really get u

you could save some money by doing the prep work yourself but idk how good at that kinda stuff u are
my brother actually painted his whole car in a booth with OEM grade mazda paint(dupont) (Aurora Blue Mica from a MZ3) and the paint, clear, sealer, stirs, fliters, etc was 680 total
He would have been charged 2k+ from a shop so u see where the majority of the price comes in
but if he really does that good of a job for only 1k then go for it and let us know how it turns out

i just asked our family body shop owner (who we've been customers of for 15 years) to call me up when he's already mixing the same color.

he said he'd only charge me half since he's getting the color mixed anyways

hmm must be a nice guy,
because just since he is mixing it already,
it doesnt really make it any easier for him to mix u some lol i buy all my paint at carquest
i get a crazy discount for being a community college student, and i dont even go there anymore haha

lol,

he's more so towards my parents. for me he knows, im not car retarded
(even if im still a noob) and i will point out every corner he cuts.

so i usually go elsewhere because he is a little hostile at times towards me

Back