*Mazda of the Month 2.0* Enter now for February!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets make a 1st gen appreciation thread haha. ive got crap load of pix to contribute and i know this aint the place to post them..

that mx6 is hot. I had one...a 91 LX.

Is it 4WS?

Top feature of that car: Oscillating vents in the front above the stereo.

WIN.

Glow in the Dark engine bay. Hahahaha. Oh man, that's a something I've not seen. You should take a photo then in the dark to show off that bad boy.

Mazda Carnage
Danny
1989 Mazda MX6 GT
507421_763_full.jpg

All blue parts but valve cover, fuel rail, front and rear housing are coated in Glow in the Dark Aqua additive with the final clear and so are the upper charge pipes. So most of the engine Glows in the dark.
(headbang)
Fer real? (gtfo)
Thats insane!

Any pics of that or other angles of the exterior?
(breakn)

I'll export to USA as many 1st gens (323(protege), 626(mx6)) as you want.
We have them in tons and tons :)

haha

My math may be off on this (but I just looked up shipping cars to western europe so I doubt it is by much) but I believe you would be paying more for shipping alone than you would be for a very clean 1st gen in the US (if you could find one of course).

On the flip side if someone in europe wants a car from the US. Buy it now, I will pay for shipping to Italy in August, Drive it in Italy/Germany in September and you can take delivery of your car from me in Munich around the 1st of October. :)

Mods, if this post and the next one I made are against contest rules I will edit them or remove them.
If I did break the rules with these pics I am sorry. Right after I posted my entry I noticed a link at the bottom of the page to MF Official Mazda of the Month (February) and actually thought the contest was finished (not noticing it was last years results).
I actually PM'd Antoine and asked him if he could move my entry to a contest that was still opened (Sorry to bother you), then posted more pics in this thread.....

(headbang)
Fer real? (gtfo)
Thats insane!

Any pics of that or other angles of the exterior?
(breakn)

Here is a pic of the car in late spring last year, I had just finished powder-coating the rims in black chrome with polished lips coated in Lapis Illusion clear (like a diamond only in direct sun on extreme light) and glow in the dark green.

507421_674_full.jpg

The rear quarters have since been patched (well right after I installed the intake manifold) I rebuilt the floors, frame rails and drivers strut tower..... 1/2 the car.

The glow in the dark is really hard to take pics of, it's really cool in person but my camera wont capture it (If you look down at the picks you can see them a bit better).
507421_671_full.jpg

Glowing rim.

Some of the engine bay parts glowing (before install):
507421_760_full.jpg

-------------
I bought this car in December 2006, I used parts leftover (or since upgraded) from my 88 MX6 GT build up. I have spent next to nothing on the 89GT but invested allot of effort. It will get painted this spring/summer, But the 88GT will get the fancy paint and show car engine bay.

Preview:
5074210328_large.jpg

Here is a link to all the work done on these cars:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507421

Last edited:
im not knocking those wheels but I think u need to buy my SSR Integrals for it.... :)

http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/53794-my-new-88-gt-daily-driver.html

hehe

Whats the offset and how much?
Your rims look good but those Low profile tires would be a really rough ride where I am.

Besides the rims I powder coated cost me 0$, lots of work and some powder.
The offset was perfect and I really like the deep lip they have, not at first but they have a sorta 80's look that goes with the car.

Before:
507421_590_full.jpg

During:
507421_668_full.jpg

After:
5074210793_large.jpg

I have a nice set of Forged BBS 17x8 rims for my 88GT.

-----------------------------------
These rims I like the best and would also go good with a black car:

2wqafep.jpg

--------------------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back