Mazda Memories

That brought back memories of my parent’s ‘87 626 LX they purchased new
yeah, those were the days. i remember seeing plenty of those older 80s mazdas, but i don't remember actually riding in one. the earliest one i remember riding in (and later driving) was a 97 626 my cousin had. it was manual with the 4 cylinder (i believe it was a 2 litre?). the car was slow, but i remember thinking the swinging vents were the coolest thing. i drove it before i was any good at driving manual, and i remember my cousins telling me to downshift a lot.:LOL:

yeah, those were the days. i remember seeing plenty of those older 80s mazdas, but i don't remember actually riding in one. the earliest one i remember riding in (and later driving) was a 97 626 my cousin had. it was manual with the 4 cylinder (i believe it was a 2 litre?). the car was slow, but i remember thinking the swinging vents were the coolest thing. i drove it before i was any good at driving manual, and i remember my cousins telling me to downshift a lot.:LOL:
My buddy's dad had this one, it was a fun car and had a beautiful interior. We were 18 so it was plenty fast for us. They also had a Legacy (manual I think) and a loaded Accord. Sedan heyday.

My buddy's dad had this one, it was a fun car and had a beautiful interior. We were 18 so it was plenty fast for us. They also had a Legacy (manual I think) and a loaded Accord. Sedan heyday.
yeah, i remember a more velourish and plushish interior. i had a 93 accord lx with the blood red/maroon interior. i thought it was quick, until i lost to a saturn. my boss had a 98 accord ex which felt like a luxury car to me back in the early 2000s.

The '87 626 LX my parents purchased new would probably still be on the road today if a nephew who later took ownership had fixed a radiator leak 5 or so years ago.

1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-001.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-002.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-003.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-004.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-005.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-006.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-007.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-008.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-009.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-010.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-011.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-012.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-013.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-014.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-015.jpg
1987-Mazda-Full-Line-page-016.jpg

Attachments

• 1987-Mazda-Full-Line.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 41
Dang- I had a cousin with the SAME 626 - it was Brown with a 4speed== Not fast - but super reliable -back seat was tight -- a coupe as I recall

The '87 626 LX my parents purchased new would probably still be on the road today if a nephew who later took ownership had fixed a radiator leak 5 or so years ago.

View attachment 323370

It's the model after the one in your post, but Throttle House is all RX7 in the latest video

It's the model after the one in your post, but Throttle House is all RX7 in the latest video

The 92-93 RX-7 look so different up close --its an absolutely beautiful automobile with lines that make body shops loose sleep at night ---

Back