Mazda / Ford relationship & Mazda3 parts sharing thread

So no underdrive yet, huh?

Bummer deal - I want to do a few engine tricks without getting too rad and the underdrive option offered a lot. Lighter weight, spin easier and quicker, less drag - some good ram air, bigger Throttle Body, maybe a subtle catback with a syphon style muffler for scavanging air on the top end to aid exhaust discharge yet, back pressure on the low rpm to enhance torque and drivability... that's all I want.... dang.
Too early, too soon... (coffee)

tkhawaii said:
Bummer deal - I want to do a few engine tricks without getting too rad and the underdrive option offered a lot. Lighter weight, spin easier and quicker, less drag - some good ram air, bigger Throttle Body, maybe a subtle catback with a syphon style muffler for scavanging air on the top end to aid exhaust discharge yet, back pressure on the low rpm to enhance torque and drivability... that's all I want.... dang.

Yeah, I'm going the same route, nothing too wild...but with all the necessary mods that make the difference performance wise. (Goin' for looks is fine, just not my bag anymore). (sssh)

Can't wait 'till more upgrades/mods. are available.....I just got off the "low washer light" thread and they mentioned heated mirrors for the 3 in Canada.......(not an option in the States).
..............boy I'd love to get my hands on those for my s.

If any of our brothers up north know how to get a hold of these aftermarket.. PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW!!! (poke)

T.G.I.F.F!!!! (beer)

Silver Bull3t said:
Yeah, I'm going the same route, nothing too wild...but with all the necessary mods that make the difference performance wise. (Goin' for looks is fine, just not my bag anymore). (sssh)

Can't wait 'till more upgrades/mods. are available.....I just got off the "low washer light" thread and they mentioned heated mirrors for the 3 in Canada.......(not an option in the States).
..............boy I'd love to get my hands on those for my s.

If any of our brothers up north know how to get a hold of these aftermarket.. PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW!!! (poke)

T.G.I.F.F!!!! (beer)

Heated mirrors? Whoa - I guess I don't need them here unless I want to dry my swim shorts...LOL. I feel you on the mods - just little stuff you know? - to enhance engine performance and driveability. I still get a kick about the 17" rims not being good enough for normal driving for most folks... I suppose we can all go rad and put rubber bands around 22" rims.... nah... just a thought. Heh! (cheers)

You M3 guys enjoy you're displacement...and the new engine. When I was a Focus forum member, there were a couple posts about the PZEV engine taking very nicely to mods. One vendor had it up to 180whp with very minor changes.

That's my one disappointment with the P5 2-liter...it's then end of the road and there's not much more power to squeek out of it -- without a significant investment, that is.

ok since it was mentioned in the other thread ill mention it here, what info is there on a 2.3l mz3 engine swap into a 3rd gen p5 or other pro? basically are the mounts in the same places, trannie fit?(seems like it would being a g35 model compared to our g15)\

how would the car handle the ecu swap with all the gauges and electronics....

seems to be a small interest in this swap since the 2.3l engine seems to be very kind towards aftermarket work.

when i picked up my 3 the dealership told me heated mirrors wont be available until late summer up here in northern ontario... could be sooner i suppose.

Just found another Ford part. The rear upper control arm:

arm.JPG

This is a close-up of the outboard end:

arm2.JPG

I removed it so I could modify it and regain some rear camber...

... but that's another story. ;)

Last edited:
I think the list would be shorter if you were to look for parts labled Mazda...lol
Almost every part you touch or see is FoMoCo... (headbang)

--Herb--

I'm beginning to agree with you. I was crawling around under there yesterday fixing the rear camber and everything that had an ID on it had a FoMoCo ID.

Being new to a real car...all of this is kinda confusing...what is my engine called? i know its the 2.3...but besides that what am i supposed to say? lol

tkhawaii said:

There are some underdrive pulleys just go to www.shaneracing.com/Mazda3_Parts.html they have a little bit for the 3.

Great post....Basically Ford walked up to Mazda and said..."you are our b**** now go make us an engine better than ours, and we use it and call it a ford engine!!"...Relieves all my doubt

ok so does anyone know if the piston/rods made for the 2.0L Duratec focus engine will work on the 2.0L Mazda 3 Duratec?????i talked to Marcy Motorsports and they said yes but they don't sell rods and a custom set would go for around $700....help please?

Keep in mind a lot of the parts will have a ford sticker on it, but were never produced for any fords, if any one has any doubts, message me with the mazda part number and ill cross it over and find out if ford ever even used this part in any of their north american vehicles.

North America isn't the only place that Ford makes vehicles... :rolleyes:

Of course it doesn't share parts with N.A. vehicles. That's why the window sticker says "U.S. / Canadian Parts Content: 0%"

Whether or not the part is on a Ford doesn't change the fact that it was made by Ford. And just because the part isn't on a N.A. Ford, doesn't mean it's not on a European, South American or Asian Ford.

Back