Mazda Extended Warranty

protege02

:
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Ok, I looked online and found that mazda has four different extended warranty plans. I've decided to stick with the total care plan. My question is if my girl friend decides to get an 05 mazda 6s sporthatch with 33,4xx miles on it would they cover it? Here is what it says on the website that I'm getting the information from "If your Mazda is still with in the orginal 3 year / 50,000 mile or 4 year / 50,000 mile factory warranty, then you may qualify for Mazda extended service protection. The only extended warranty backed by Mazda Corporation." Does that mean whatever happens first, or does it mean if it falls under these categories then they will accept it, such as if the car is an 05, with 34k miles, the car is older than the 3 year mark, but it's still under 50k miles? Also, would anyone know what it runs for the total care extended warranty; yes, I know it will differ from person to person and state to state, but I'm just looking for a ball park figure. Also, I'm still considering an 07 ms6 and would probably get the same thing since the car is turboed. Thanks for all the info and reading.

Michael

Well, you have exceeded the manufacturer warranty by the age of the car, so your out of luck. They may still offer a warranty but at a higher price or may require an inspection. I bought the total care 100K mile warranty for my 2006 Speed6 for about $1800 when I purchased the vehicle (if memory serves). I have already used it twice since it covers tire and wheel damage. Replace two tires that were casualties of Michigan potholes.

It is not quite the same as a manufacturer warranty though, you have to provide documentation of the repair, and damage. They will only pay what they believe is the going price. (I think I ended up having to pay $20 for each of my new tires) You pay from your pocket and get reimbursed. If you stray from the manufacturer's suggested maintenance schedule, you may run into problems if something breaks that should have been recently serviced.

Go to your local dealer and ask them about the warranty plans. I just inquired about mine getting an additional 36 mo/60k total care warranty for about $1400 total. Depending on your situation, you might find something that would fit nicely. They are dependent on mileage though, as you add miles, the cost does go up.

Well, you have exceeded the manufacturer warranty by the age of the car, so your out of luck. They may still offer a warranty but at a higher price or may require an inspection. I bought the total care 100K mile warranty for my 2006 Speed6 for about $1800 when I purchased the vehicle (if memory serves). I have already used it twice since it covers tire and wheel damage. Replace two tires that were casualties of Michigan potholes.

It is not quite the same as a manufacturer warranty though, you have to provide documentation of the repair, and damage. They will only pay what they believe is the going price. (I think I ended up having to pay $20 for each of my new tires) You pay from your pocket and get reimbursed. If you stray from the manufacturer's suggested maintenance schedule, you may run into problems if something breaks that should have been recently serviced.

how many miles are on your car? I'm looking at an 07 with 13k miles on it for $17.9k which I think is a good deal(is it really because they are asking 18.9 on the sticker, so I said 17.9 as a start). It's a sport model, and I asked for a car fax, and it had one leaser and 3 oil change. Right now, I have an extended warranty through cost guard(third party I think)on my spec v till october of 2010 or 100k miles, and they've been great to me outside of taking my car in 3 times to get them to replace the sunroof motor. it cost twice as much as the mazda's total care plan, but they pay for everything from the deductable, rental, and repair without me paying for anything, and I'm assuming that the ms6 would be in the shop just as much as the spec was. Also, how long does it take to get your money back? thanks

I have 49K miles on my 2006 GT. The way I see it, one big repair in the next 50K miles will pay for the extended warranty.

I spoke to my local mazda dealer (colonial mazda, danbury ct) and they have a used 07 speed3 and an 06 speed6 both are certified and carry the new 100,000 mile warranty on any certified pre owned. This seems a little too good to be true. The speed6 has 50 k while the 3 has 29k

I spoke to my local mazda dealer (colonial mazda, danbury ct) and they have a used 07 speed3 and an 06 speed6 both are certified and carry the new 100,000 mile warranty on any certified pre owned. This seems a little too good to be true. The speed6 has 50 k while the 3 has 29k

One of the 3 dealers in my area have a couple of 08s and 09s ms3 new that come with a free 100k mile warranty, so it could be legit. if you want a speed 6 with that many miles, i wouldn't pay more than $15k out the door for it because I've seen a couple of ms6s in my area with 20k to 30k miles going for $15.9-16.9. I haven't come across many speed 3s though. usually around $17.9 and up.

Back