Mazda CX-60 PHEV Randomly stops charging - Any solutions?

I've had my CX-60 for a month and half the time it randomly stops charging overnight at 10, 11, 14%. Dealer is seeing it soon but have said unless they see it themselves they won't class it as a fault...Any suggestions?

I've had my CX-60 for a month and half the time it randomly stops charging overnight at 10, 11, 14%. Dealer is seeing it soon but have said unless they see it themselves they won't class it as a fault...Any suggestions?
Yes, replacement of the charger (the blue charging cable), it's a well known issue, after replacement all problems should go away.

@CX60 Driver Just wondering if you've had any luck with changing the charge cable at all. We're having a similar issue where we set the car to charge using the schedule from midnight to 5am, get a notification to say charging has started and 2 minutes later or half an hour later get another to say that charging is complete. Remote charging won't initiate either as the car now thinks its fully charged. Any info would be much appreciated!

@CX60 Driver Just wondering if you've had any luck with changing the charge cable at all. We're having a similar issue where we set the car to charge using the schedule from midnight to 5am, get a notification to say charging has started and 2 minutes later or half an hour later get another to say that charging is complete. Remote charging won't initiate either as the car now thinks its fully charged. Any info would be much appreciated!
My dealer said it wasn’t the cable but the software and did a software update. It reduced the frequency but didn’t stop it.

I didn’t pursue the issue any further as I hated the car so much because of the shockingly bad suspension I have got rid of it. The roads are pretty poor round here and I couldn’t endure how bumpy mine was; I only had it for about 3 months. I’ve now got a Hyundai ionic 5 which is marvellous. Best of luck with it.

My car would charge to 63km in a 100% charge. Now I can’t get better than 52km on a 100% charge and the dealer told me that was normal. I told him tell Hiroshima and get a fix or I’ll the EU commission that the car‘s claim of over 60 km on a full charge is good for only 16,000 KM which means it doesn’t really meet EU standards. It stops charging after 10 minutes regularly And they say it’s my home electrical system. I’ve tried to reproduce the cutoff by turning everything on the circuit on at once and it doesn’t make it happen. I took it to a charger the other day and rather than charge at 7.2 kw it charged at only 4.2kw. There is definitely a fault in the battery energy management system somewhere and they are trying to blame the customer because they haven’t found a fix. The software updates are not working. Mazda needs to do better for its early adopters or the car will fail. I can’t recommend anyone buy it because they haven’t got energy management right yet.

We have had this issue from delivery may23 ,dealer suggesting we have a supply issue at home ,yet at the office the fact is happening .
We plug the car in it says charging ,10 minutes later app says charging complete .
We check car and battery isn't charged . We unplug start over agin and it works .
Often we go to check car after nighttime charging car isn't charged.
Dealer claims Mazda uk aren't aware of this problem.

Aren’t aware of the problem?! There are loads of posts on here about exactly this issue.Just go through this and then show them
Some of the messages.

Mazda always tell customers the same thing - that there must be a problem with their supply and unless they can replicate it they can’t do anything about it. It’s their way of palming you off.

What you do is use the three pin cable to charge at different properties - I tried 3 different properties and it failed at each one. Mazda couldn’t argue with that so when I dropped it off for them to test it they admitted it failed on them too. I’m not sure they’d have admitted that if I hadn’t established it was already failing at multiple sites. I didn’t trust them at all. They knew when they sold it to me it was a turkey of a car.

For me the cable change did nothing, but the software update improved things quite a bit - but even after that it was still stopping charging prematurely for no reason.

Ours was a Motability car so we handed it back. It was the worst car I’ve ever had (by far). Mazda proved to be a thoroughly untrustworthy outfit sand we would never have a Mazda again.

Good luck.

After the latest software update, I had one occurrence of the car stopping charging after less than an hour. I have found that in a commercial charger, I get back up to 62 KM of charge and at home have gotten up to 57KM of charge. I reduced the charge from 100% to 90% and that seems to have increased the capacity I get from home charging. Things are improving and the energy management is improving. I’m actually getting the mileage displayed in the capacity more regularly. The I’m pleased with the fix.

I have cx60 may23
Have been debating with dealer for months as I suggested it was faulty lead got a new lead 2 weeks ago so far so good
Dealer disappointed me saying Mazda aren’t aware of this fault tried to blame my power supply .

After the latest software update, I had one occurrence of the car stopping charging after less than an hour. I have found that in a commercial charger, I get back up to 62 KM of charge and at home have gotten up to 57KM of charge. I reduced the charge from 100% to 90% and that seems to have increased the capacity I get from home charging. Things are improving and the energy management is improving. I’m actually getting the mileage displayed in the capacity more regularly. The I’m pleased with the fix.
@MikeLisboa Please explain how to reduce the setting…

I have had my cx60 about a month. I have this problem. My cable is connected through a wi fi plug. When the car app tells me the car is charged after half an hour, I switch the power off then on, it always charges fully after that.

I have had my cx60 about a month. I have this problem. My cable is connected through a wi fi plug. When the car app tells me the car is charged after half an hour, I switch the power off then on, it always charges fully after that.

Nice workaround! But as a new owner you definitely shouldn't have to deal with this hassle. Have you tried bringing this up with the dealer and trying the previously suggested fixes?

It’s no hassle. I just charge through the day instead off at night. I might try two timers on the wi fi plug. Dealer hadn’t heard about it until I mentioned it.

I bought mine second hand a few weeks ago and I am having this problem too - sometimes works okay but has this problem most of the time. My dealer says that it’s a supply problem at my house as they assured me that the cable wasn’t at fault as they checked it because I specifically asked the question of whether it has been checked after reading this forum. My daughter has a Tesla that has been charged at our home without this problem. Looks like I will need to try charging elsewhere too like others who have been affected to prove whether I have a supply issue that impacts the Mazda but not Teslas. Shame that as it seems to be a common issue, the burden of proof is still on the buyer.

Back