Mazda CX-5 sales numbers

Yes, but still most Americans select the 4 cylinder Rav4 over the V6.

My local dealerships (2) just received a dozen CX-5's, maybe I'll see more on the road soon...

The CX-5 has only been for sale here in the U.S. for a little over a month so it's not suprizing to see few on the road. Availability has been a problem too. My Mazda dealer says that they probaboy have lost a lot of sales to CRV because of it and also a lot of people are waiting to compare it to the upcoming new Escape.

Mazda, as a brand, is a fairly small player here as well. I had never owned one before our present Mazda6 and that's including over 35 cars/trucks. Since new it only had one very, very minor problem and that was fixed at the time of the first oil change and 80k miles later still not one repair, just normal routine maint/tires/brakes. I consider Mazda, as a brand, to be kind of a sleeper and I mean that in a good way.

April 2012, Mazda sold 1,515 units of CX-5 in Canada, less than half of the U.S.

I think the exchange rate of yen vs. USD makes selling them in the U.S. not a very profitable thing to do.

Australian sales were 1400 for the month. But that is for a country with less people than California.
To sell the same per capita, the US would need to sell 21,000 CX-5's per month.

Mazdas also tend to be perceived as underpowered and uncomfortable. Most Americans will take a Rav4 with a V6 over a CX-5.

I've driven many Toyotas and many Mazdas.
There is no comparison. Mazdas are a superior product in so many ways.

My local dealerships (2) just received a dozen CX-5's, maybe I'll see more on the road soon...

I have been monitoring Sacramento, CA area and Oregon inventory. There has got to be a huge restocking soon. My three local dealers (Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, CA) have 7 CX-5s. They have 26 Mazda2s and 21 MX-5 (Miata). The Oregon dealers - entire state - have 8 CX-5s in stock. It appears that Mazda was not quite ready for this level of positive response from the west coast of the US.

Hey Mazda, send more!

I have been monitoring Sacramento, CA area and Oregon inventory. There has got to be a huge restocking soon. My three local dealers (Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, CA) have 7 CX-5s. They have 26 Mazda2s and 21 MX-5 (Miata). The Oregon dealers - entire state - have 8 CX-5s in stock. It appears that Mazda was not quite ready for this level of positive response from the west coast of the US.

Hey Mazda, send more!

There is a shipment coming in tomorrow, with mine!

There is a shipment coming in tomorrow, with mine!

When I move to Redmond in a few weeks, I'll be ready to buy. Since the Bend dealer has a $2500 dealer markup, I will be looking elsewhere. Let us know about your purchasing experience. From Redmond, all the Oregon dealers are only a few hours away, so I am willing to travel. Hopefully, there will be many CX-5s to choose from by then.

Congrats on your new ride!

For the record, the CX-5 is the 30th highest selling locally made car in Japan. That puts it into perspective how many models they have to choose from.

I too am amazed at how few I actually see on the road around here and this is a lucrative import-intensive market. I know all the dealers sell the CX-5's very quickly and have a hard time keeping more than a few in stock. I've seen 3 besides mine since I bought in mid-March, although I expect they will be common soon enough.

It's starting to pick up. I've seen 3, besides mine, in the last few weeks.

Ive only seen one on the road by me in Western Michigan and it was a grey Sport.

I've seen quite a few... maybe 50 or so. But they may have been the same actual car since I often do the same journey at around the same time.

Compared to the new CRV, its about 1 CX-5 to 4 CRVs in my area. Could be better i guess.

Geez, I commute from Laval to downtown Montreal every day and I've only seen 3. And another one on I-87 near Albany.

Back