Mazda CX-5 2020 KF Armrest front replacement...Help

I have just purchased this car and I am very happy with it.

The only thing that is annoying me is the car came with a damaged armrest on the center console. The leather has 3 very deep gouges in it that cannot be repaired by heat and massaging away.

I have purchased a armrest off the bay for £65 which comes with a full center console. I could not buy the lid separately without getting the full console.

What my question is, is there any tutorials either videos or pictures showing how to remove the lid and replace without stripping the entire console. I want to get all the knowledge I can before it arrives so the replacement is a smooth process without struggling and working things out my self and possibly breaking something and it costing even more money to fix.

I have posted pictures of the console including the armrest I have purchased. The console and arm rest in my car are identical apart from the damage obviously 😔

All help and advice would be much appreciated .
1000004482.jpg
1000004481.jpg

Previous posts say the whole thing is easy to replace. You might want to try searching on this site.
Thanks for that wlong01 I have been looking around on the site and can't seem to find anything with much help about it... I've seen posts talking about they have had there's recovered but nothing about replacing it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's one for a 2016, may not be too different or at least will give you an idea of what's involved.

It might show how to replace just the armrest.

Upvote 0
Here's one for a 2016, may not be too different or at least will give you an idea of what's involved.

It might show how to replace just the armrest.

Thankyou for that link, when my new one arrives I'll carefully pull that console apart and learn how to do it before diving into the car and pulling the car rear console apart

Upvote 0
Hello, my first post here,
I’ll help you out. Below the leather you will see the plastic cover. Use a proper plastic prying tool and pry it off and you will see 3 screws. Remove it and you are done.

Upvote 0
Back