Mazda 3i Steelies on Pro5?

Clarkbug

:
2003 Protege 5
Hey All.

Ive been doing some searching around the boards, but no such luck yet.

From what I can tell, the stock P5 rim is 16x6, with a 50mm offset.

Looking at the 3 boards, the stock steelie is 15x6 with a 52.5mm offset. The ones for sale are wrapped in 195/65/15 rubber right now.

I ask because relatively locally someone is selling their original wheels of a 3i that are the 15" stockers. Im thinking about picking them up as a winter set of wheels, but I wanted to make sure they fit.

Using the tire calc everything looks good except for the 17mm closer to the fenders, and I wanted to know if that would be an issue.

Since Im completely wheel/tire ignorant, will this combo work out?

Thanks,

Bug

You could always go over and do a test fit before you buy.

A 15" tire on a Protege should be 195/55/15 for correct speedo calc. a 65 series sidewall will be taller.

The test fit would be kinda a PITA since the guy has them in his storage unit, I wasnt sure if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

I dont know if the tires would stay or not, since the wheels would probably get some winter tires anyway. I could always re-sell the tires.

It seems like they would fit just fine, but I wasnt sure if anyone knew for sure...

We have a set of 15" winter wheels that we bought off a Mazda3 owner 2 years ago. They fit the P5.

Back