Mazda 3 VSS wire info (large diagrams)

ssinstaller

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
This info should help those of you wanting to install an aftermarket Nav system. The VSS wires are white/blue and brown. The schematic does not specify which wire is the input or output of the sensor so you will have to test carefully.

I take no responsibility for how you use this infomation, and offer no warranty on it's accuracy. I.E. If your break your s***, or your car, it's your problem.

Chris

Attachments

• VSS.jpg
    VSS.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 55,508
  • vsscon.jpg
    vsscon.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 19,001
Last edited:
Speed signal input on the instrument cluster

Hi,

Would you have a schmatics for the wires coming in to the instrument cluster and which one is for the speed meter?

-Marko

The cluster is controlled by the data bus, there probably isn't a VSS wire. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Wire I could "cut"

ssinstaller said:
The cluster is controlled by the data bus, there probably isn't a VSS wire. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Is there any wire I could just put a switch on that would disable the ODO meter?

mramstedt said:
Is there any wire I could just put a switch on that would disable the ODO meter?
Nope, that's why they went to a data controlled cluster, with mileage info stored in the ecm.

ssinstaller said:
This info should help those of you wanting to install an aftermarket Nav system. The VSS wires are white/blue and brown. The schematic does not specify which wire is the input or output of the sensor so you will have to test carefully.

I take no responsibility for how you use this infomation, and offer no warranty on it's accuracy. I.E. If your break your s***, or your car, it's your problem.

Chris

Has anyone figured out which wire is the output from the VSS? The white/blue or the brown?

Someones gotta know the answer to this!!!

Doesn't the factory stereo in the 3 have a VSS signal that goes directly to it?
How else does it increase the volume the faster you drive?

(there is no cabin noise sensor, it's based solely on speed).

Latest posts

Back