Mazda 3 sway bar: can I use a Mazdaspeed 3 one?

got snake

Good evening!

I just got back from a NASA midwest HPDE event. I need a sway bar! Will the 08 Mazdaspeed 3 swaybar fit on a Mazda 3?

Thanks!

yes the sway bars from a speed 3 will fit the regular 3, i have both front and rear that im looking to sell from an 08 speed3 with less than 10k miles if interested LMK

Yes they will fit, but note that the endlink bolt size for the rear bar is larger on the speed3 bar than the normal 3 bar. So, you will need to either get shims/spacers or speed3 endlinks to have the rear fit properly (probably best to get the speed3 rear endlinks). The front endlink bolts are the same size though and won't have that issue.

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the WAY late response. I just got done with Autobahn this weekend. I have Putnam coming up. I have the Corksport Rear swaybar. I'd be interested in the speed 3 front sway bar. Also do you know if the struts and springs off a speed 3 will fit my 3? You're probably going to say why not get a speed3 right off the bat! My goal is not power but agility.

They will fit, but I think I saw on the forums here that it adds to the ride height. Not sure though. Just go with some Eibach lowering springs or whatever ones you might find in your price range, lord knows there are plenty to choose from and stay with your stock struts and shocks. Lower corners better everytime!

They will fit, but I think I saw on the forums here that it adds to the ride height. Not sure though. Just go with some Eibach lowering springs or whatever ones you might find in your price range, lord knows there are plenty to choose from and stay with your stock struts and shocks. Lower corners better everytime!

If I just change the springs won't I eventually blow out the shocks/struts? I really need to do my homework on suspension mods...

Yes eventually you would blow out the stock dampers but, that is gonna happen regardless. Why replace them if can still get some life out of them? After they go you can get after market dampers that are made for lowered suspension. I have seen some lowering kits that include springs and dampers I want to say it ran around $750 and I know I have seen lowering springs for around $200. I kinda sound like I am a know it all, but I have asked the same questions as you. I however have yet to do any mods on my/our car as my wife is not too keen on "blowing money on stuff like that." Still lobbying hard though, getting close on HID light kits and maybe a set of wheels. She actually said that the stock ones suck. lol

Last edited:
This is gonna be a confusing one so hold on:

I know that if I change the suspension two things are going to happen. It will be harder to keep it as a daily driver/track car. And I'll go through tires faster. A friend recommended that I use 16in tires on the track so I get more life out of them. This is possible. Same friend suggested I just say screw it and go with coilovers and camber plates so I can quickly adjust from street to track. But with that kind of investment that means I just do a full blown track car. But I'm not sold yet on tracking. It's fun now but I tend to change hobbies often.

Not sure about the 16" wheels for the track. As far as using a lowered car for a daily driver you should have no worries, probably 80 or 90 % (total guess) of the people on this forum are lowered and driving their cars daily. If you are worried about tire wear on the track, get yourself another set of wheels and tires. When you get new hobby you can just post-em up on the for sale thread. In my opinion, stay away from coil overs, just my opinion too much money for my blood. I don't need to go that low, plus rolling my fenders is not an option, just can't get my mind around the whole thing.

^ I disagree. I have BETTER tire wear with my coilovers and camber setup than I did with regular lowering springs. As long as you get a good alignment, there is much less play with the stiffer upper mounts, etc of good coilovers so your tires stay where they're supposed to. Also, with adjustable dampening coilovers, you can have a surprisingly decent ride on the street with them somewhere in the middle of the stiffness range, then crank it up for the track and really attack transitions in a way that wouldn't be possible with a more streetable spring/shock combo. Also, rolling fenders has nothing to do with going low -- you only need to roll the fenders if you have excessively wider than stock tires... even if you slam it.

^I agree the cali-axela. If you invest in a good set of coilovers, camber plates, and mounts you should see better tire wear. The stock mounts are a compromise made by the OEM to appeal to the masses, and when pushed hard will flex and change suspension geometry. Quaility pillowball mounts and camber plates will limit the amount of flex under load. Also, the springs and dampers used in coilovers are specifically matched, tested and designed to work together. Versus a mix and match of stand-alone damper and spring options. Do you really think Koni Sports, FSD's, Bilstiens, and KYB dampers were all designed to be paired with stock, Pro-kit, Sportline, Tien, Progress, H&R, and Racing Beat springs? You may fiind a combo you like personally, but at the end of the day, they were never designed to work together. There's also a reason they're called "lowering" springs, that's mainly what you are paying for.

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the WAY late response. I just got done with Autobahn this weekend. I have Putnam coming up. I have the Corksport Rear swaybar. I'd be interested in the speed 3 front sway bar. Also do you know if the struts and springs off a speed 3 will fit my 3? You're probably going to say why not get a speed3 right off the bat! My goal is not power but agility.

I would probably get a smaller front or keep stock.

^ I disagree. I have BETTER tire wear with my coilovers and camber setup than I did with regular lowering springs. As long as you get a good alignment, there is much less play with the stiffer upper mounts, etc of good coilovers so your tires stay where they're supposed to. Also, with adjustable dampening coilovers, you can have a surprisingly decent ride on the street with them somewhere in the middle of the stiffness range, then crank it up for the track and really attack transitions in a way that wouldn't be possible with a more streetable spring/shock combo. Also, rolling fenders has nothing to do with going low -- you only need to roll the fenders if you have excessively wider than stock tires... even if you slam it.
My reference to tire wear was to the track related wear. I realize coilovers are the better set up, but pesonally I can't get past the costs associated with the change, I should have made that a little more clear. Thanks for the info on fender rolling, I figured when you went lower you would be inviting a rub.

I would probably get a smaller front or keep stock.

I need to find out which front sway bar is smaller. I don't want to undo what I have with the Corksports rear sway bar. For now it will stay STOCK.

Regarding the springs/shock/struts- Similar to Hat1018 cost is an issue due to the fact I'm not sure if it will be my dedicated track car or not. I'm going to finish the season with the set up I have now. Spending cash on setting up the garage before the winter hits Chicago.

Thank you all for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I got a bunch of options and ideas. Now I just need some time to think it through and make the right decision.

Quick thought, if the 2.0L stock front sway bar is smaller than the 2.3L, that may be a possibility for a swap.

I have the RacingBeat rear sway on Pro kit, and absolutely love the way the car feels, extremely crisp handling and very predictable. Pirelli p-zero rosso`s seem to enjoy it as well.

Even before i put the springs on just adding a sway bar really increases cornering capability.

i would like to try other brands. But id rather ride like a race car

067589e2.jpg

Back